April HPT weekend..

Started by G-reg, January 07, 2009, 02:39:30 PM

G-reg

Just kind of curious, looking at the schedule for the April weekend at Topeka.  Has a twin sprint/ASRA weekend ever been ran in 2 days before?  I can only remember weekends like that being 3 days.
--Greg
MW EX#84

Super Dave

Quote from: G-reg on January 07, 2009, 02:39:30 PM
Has a twin sprint/ASRA weekend ever been ran in 2 days before?
ASRA events have been held on two day weekends at places like Summit Point, but not in addition to being twin sprints that I can remember.  No answer on how that's gonna work out in a schedule.  Will work well with combined races and a low turn out.
Super Dave

PJ721

Barber has been an ASRA & Twin Sprint weekend (Sat & Sun only) for a couple years now...looked for a schedule for 2008 but can't find one...
Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Laugh uncontrollably...
And never regret anything that made you smile....

Super Dave

Quote from: PJ721 on January 07, 2009, 05:08:43 PM
Barber has been an ASRA & Twin Sprint weekend (Sat & Sun only) for a couple years now...looked for a schedule for 2008 but can't find one...
You are correct.  It's in the 2008 rule book as a two day event.  How'd that go?
Super Dave

PJ721

unfortunately I wasn't there for 2008 but was there for one previously...and it gets pretty busy...a few lengthy delays or bad weather...UGH!

....and if what I heard is correct they had to eliminate the qualifying for ASRA and gridded w/points this year...

Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

deltadave

I was at the Barber event in 2007.  It was 2 days, Twin Sprints, ASRA and USGPRU.  ASRA and USGPRU were grided by points as per the schedule.  There were some red flag delays during the day, but I believe all the races were able to run as scheduled.

Tornado Bait

HPT site shows April 23, Thursday as race practice.  If I registered for practice on the CCS/ASRA pre-entry form am I covered or do I need to register with HPT for the Thursday practice?
Speed & Strength, BikeMaster, Vortex, E4S, Tucker Rocky
Cafe Racer Inc.
Tornado Bait Racing

PJ721

depends on who is running the practice......from the looks on the HPT site it's being run by the track..and not CCS
Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

G-reg

the HPT site makes it look like its a 3 day weekend instead of a 2 day..
--Greg
MW EX#84

R1Racer99

Is there practice on Thursday and 3 days of racing or a normal Friday practice 2 days of racing?

skiandclimb

Im hoping to make it out there with a group of our club admin. I think Gonecrazy and Wolf44 may go too. I'd like to race, but will hopefully go either way.
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

gonecrazy

Wont be making to HPT for the first round Chris. we (jerry,colby,jimmy and myself) are skipping the first round at HPT to hit road america the following weekend.