News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Say 'ello to my li'l friend!

Started by tstruyk, December 25, 2008, 10:23:36 AM

Fast4fun

Is Obama pro gun?  Illinois isn't.

Are you sure it's the state or just the City of Chicago. The state recently approved the sale of the Barrett 50 cal. rifle.

I can't justify buying one since I like renting a variety at the range.
CCS Mid West EX #675
Tri 675

skiandclimb

Tim-

A couple low-buck, yet fun upgrades for your G27....

Backstrap plug (fills in that void behind your magazine in the handle)
Night sights (a must in any tactical gun)
Internal laser sight (replaces under-barrel spring. use to be hokey, but is now tried and true)
finger extener
+1 mag extender

Those guns are bomb proof. Alot of people are "tupperware haters" but after owning, shooting, on duty carry, orr duty carry of Sig, Springfield, Kel-Tec, S&W, Glock, Baretta et al- I would have to say that overall, the Glock is hard to beat!

-Ski
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

tstruyk

got a guy lined up to throw the night sights on it

wasnt aware of the backstrap plug... have to look into that

not sure if I want a laser sight or not just yet, trying to get proficient without too much aid... but understand the benefit

finger extender is a must, just havent got around to getting it yet,

does the +1 mag impact concealability?

thanks ski!

timmay
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

skiandclimb

Not really.  But with any conceal carry weapon, it all depends on your size, and what you are comfy tucking away.  Being 6'1 and 225, I can pretty much tuck a full length barrel!

The backstrap plug is super cheap, and install is as simple as popping it in. It cleans up the gun aesthetically, and makes quick mag changes a breeze, as it eliminates the possibility of snagging the round on the backstrap.

As for the internal laser, I have to admit- I'm a fan. the G27 is, let's face it, not a competition shooter. Its a small framed, high caliber handgun designed to carry well and pack a big punch.  Seeing as how most gun fights fall within 10 yards or less, its a safe statement, calling it a "point and shoot" gun. With that said, the new breed internal lasers in carry guns won't help a ton with first shots, but in terms of follow up shots, they are fantastic, and can be a great aid.

Whatever you do, find a range where you can practice drawing and firing the gun. Standing at a range and shooting paper is one thing, but actually preparing yourself to use the weapon form its concealed point is an absolute must.  Best case scenario, sign up for an advanced conceal carry class....you will learn a ton!

-Ski
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

tstruyk

the advanced stuff is usually a weekend thing, and I work saturdays.  Squeezed off about 300 rounds at Busch so far... hey its close.  I have a few dates set up to practice some firing from concealed, firing while moving etc at a friends property.  Still looking for the right holster, once i have that I'll practice drawing at home before I try it with ammo.  he's a LEO so i imagine he'll have a few drills for us to work on.  one handed, off hand etc.

I need to just take a saturday off and get to an advanced class... my bro did it awhile back and loved it.

I hear ya on the lazer, I'm just sayin I'd rather get solid with it without the assistance, then add it later.  use it as a tool vs a crutch.

Good info, thanks chris!

tim

CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

Burt Munro

Has the location of some of your sales calls made a CCW a necessity Timmay?  :kicknuts:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

tstruyk

yup, we avoid the hood for the most part but especially in the winter with nights coming early... and I've always liked the idea.

i'll make sure I show it to you at the next hockey game  :biggrin:
CCS GP/ASRA  #85