News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Helmet Removal Assist Hood

Started by weil136, December 22, 2008, 01:19:09 PM

weil136

This is a question for all you corner workers out there,   Have you been given a formal class in using the Removal Assist hoods that RS Taichi sells?

Kuala76

No, MARRC has not done any formal training with this device, however, I would think that the same standard of NOT REMOVING the helmet would apply.  I think that the important trainees for this system would be the EMS at the track. 
Kumi
MARRC Corner Worker of the Year 2008
MARRC Vice President 2012
MARRC President 2013

Simon

Quote from: Kuala76 on December 22, 2008, 01:52:29 PM
........of NOT REMOVING the helmet would apply.  I think that the important trainees for this system would be the EMS at the track. 
Agree totally.  :thumb:
MARRC Cornerworker
CCS AM 48
Always in the gravel, one way or another!
www.marrc.org

RoadRaceJunkie

In 23 years of cornerworking I've never had to remove a helmet.  With most of my experience being at Loudon, the EMS can be on scene in seconds.  The situations where the helmet would need to be removed before EMTs show up are so rare that they are almost non-existant.  Likewise, I can't see were a cornerworker would ever use the Removal tool on their own unless they were also an on-duty EMT.  Haven't ever heard of a cornerworker also being an on-duty EMT.

Ed

RoadRaceJunkie

On this topic, anyone have a link to the RS Taichi Removal Cap?  Can't seem to find out anything about it on the Taichi website and only other web info is from a USGPRU press release on them getting some to use.

Thanks,
Ed

APP_Racing

There is a short article in USGPRU that mentinos it and it is listed on the motoliberty website.

https://www.motoliberty.com/prod_detail.asp?Prod_ID=959

http://www.usgpru.net/latestnews.php#87

Seems they have a safety program in place for younger riders -- KUDOs!
A Dean
APP Racing LLC
St. Louis, MO
314-757-0364

Donate today!
www.redflagfund.org/