Tirewall Day at Blackhawk...

Started by KBOlsen, March 25, 2003, 06:52:40 AM

KBOlsen

Starts at 8:30 a.m. this Saturday (3/29)... wear warm clothing, boots (it's gonna be muddy) and gloves!
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

chris_chops

QuoteStarts at 8:30 a.m. this Saturday (3/29)... wear warm clothing, boots (it's gonna be muddy) and gloves!

Hi Kim!
    What does tirewall day entail?  I know it has to do with tires, but what exactly goes on?

Matt

KBOlsen

Building it...  hopefully this will be the only time this season that we'll be "up-close and personal" to it!

chris_chops

Do they take it down at the end of every year?  I had no idea.  Or did they have to take it down to pave the track?

KBOlsen

That's a good question (which is my way of saying "I have no clue").  Anybody???  I'm guessing that it all came down in preparation for the repaving, but really don't know.

Dawn

I believe it was taken down due to the repaving only.

Dawn   :)

the_weggie_man

During the season the tire walls get bashed and moved around quite a bit.  At the start of each season volunteers from SCCA, CCS and the go-kart people all get together and restack not all but a lot of the tires.

This year with the repaving, improving run off room in turn 5 and reshaping pit road entrance there will be a lot of extra work to do. ;D

Woofentino Pugrossi

I'll be there. Donating my supervisory skills so Kim actually works. ;D ;D ;D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

KBOlsen

Gee, rob... you're feeling awful feisty tonight!  Enjoy it while you can.... ;D ;D

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteGee, rob... you're feeling awful feisty tonight!  Enjoy it while you can.... ;D ;D

Well 13.5hrs of work does that. ;D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod