News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Need some help. converting street to race.

Started by Steviebee, March 24, 2003, 04:48:55 PM

Steviebee

Finnaly got around to putting on the race body work.

Here's my question ?

2000k GSXR750.   The instrument cluster is mounted to the head light assembly.  How do i mount it to the race body work ??

Do you guy fabricate some sheetmetal thingy ??

Help meee ....

Also, i read somewhere that you should fill the tip over sensor with RTV, esp 2k gsxr's.  Does anyone do this ?  And where is it ?

Thingy

I race a Y2K GSX-R 750.  Please email me at whitchc o c k@mcleodusa or call me at 319-360-9913 for advice on prepping your bike.

For the instument cluster, buy a GP Tech front fairing stay.  For the tip over sensor, DO NOT silicone it.  There is a better fix that won't destroy the tip over sensor if you want to convert it back.
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

Super Dave

Bill's a good guy, Steve.  And Hitchthingie...Steve gonna drop in with us, so take care of him...K?
Super Dave

harb990

QuoteFor the tip over sensor, DO NOT silicone it.  There is a better fix that won't destroy the tip over sensor if you want to convert it back.

Please tell us what to do - I have been considering silconing the T.O.S> for about a month.

Thanks in advance

Cary

nfcracin

to deactivate the t.o. switch
take the cover off.
put a small zip tie around the rod on each side of the weight
 to keep the weight from making contact with the ends.
replace the cover and check to see that id doesnt kill bike any more.
it is a little tricky getting the zip ties around the rod
but it can be done  ;)

Speedballer347

What Lonnie said above, or you can also fill the tip-over sensor w/ liquid-glycerin (walgreens/pharmacy).
Viscosity keeps the switch from activating unless the bike is on it's side (crashed) for a couple of seconds.
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

GAMEDIC

I have the fairing stay you need if you want to give me a shout at the store.... see site below ;D