What Region will the Great Plains riders be in.

Started by race6r, December 06, 2008, 10:28:20 AM

race6r

Now that the Great Plains region is no longer. Do you know what region the GP riders will be placed in? And will the riders current race number stay the same for the new region in 2009?

GSXR RACER MIKE

This only my opinion - since the Great Plaines Region dissolved those riders from that region would have to blend into other existing regions, unfortunately that means that if someone already has the number you ran in the Great Plains Region (in the Region your moving to) then your probably out of luck if they want to retain that number for 2009.  :ahhh:
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Jack_Brock

Just a guess, but it looks like the GP championship will be replaced with the Mid America chapionship, so I would think the region will continue, but maybe under a different name.
www.caferacerinc.com
GP Expert #914

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

Andi

I think the Heart of America region will take over most of the riders.

Super Dave

Quote from: Andi on December 06, 2008, 11:11:39 PM
I think the Heart of America region will take over most of the riders.
Right, it's happened before.  Not a big problem.  Should just be a lateral move to a new region name.
Super Dave

GSXR RACER MIKE

Man have I been out of the loop from being so busy lately, I hadn't read anything about the "Heart of America" region until now.  :ahhh:

After reading about that new region I agree with Sooooooooooooooooooooooper Dave, it should be a lateral move.  :thumb:
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

gearhead

I know Troy Walbaum, AM #173, and I are moving to the Mid-West Region for a couple of reasons.
   Since we're in N.E. Iowa, we're actually closer to Blackhawk, a 3 hour drive, than any track we raced in the G.P. Region including MAM which is 4.5 hours away.   I also like the idea of racing several different tracks which is what drew me to Great Plains in the first place and the Mid-West Region competes at both tracks the Mid-America Region races at.
   I'll really miss competing at MAM and Hastings, though.

Super Dave

Quote from: gearhead on December 07, 2008, 02:25:09 PM
   I know Troy Walbaum, AM #173, and I are moving to the Mid-West Region for a couple of reasons.

Where you live dictates what regional area you live in, not where you race.  I think if you look on your license, it will say MW, GP, MA, SE, etc.  You can race where you want from there.  Sometimes, if there are two riders with the same number, the rider racing within his region might be given a preference when someone has to ride with an "X". 
Super Dave

gearhead

This season there will be three of us from my area racing so we'll have to wait to see if CCS has us change our numbers since we were all licenced in GP.

wirehairs2

gearhead will you be racing the two race weekends at Topeka?

gearhead

I'll miss the first Topeka twin sprints as that is Drake Relays weekend and if I do my job coaching and have my athletes ready I hope to be there with my team!

wolf44

Quote from: benprobst on July 28, 2008, 11:24:05 PM
Huh, guess I was wrong,
CCS GP EX#5
2008 Sponsors
MotoVelocity www.motovelocity.net
Mills Quarter Horses www.millsquarterhorses.com
St. Louis Staffing www.stlouis-staffing.com
Ducati Omaha www.ducatiomaha.com