News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Tosted Ravioli, Imo's Pizza, and Ted Drews ALL Suck!

Started by SnacktimeKC, December 01, 2008, 10:01:14 AM

SnacktimeKC

I just thought I'd get the KC vs StL trash talkin off to an early start.   :spank: -Snack

(keep in mind when I moved to KC from StL I went to the one Imos they have and got a map of their delivery radius to pick my apartment)

Super Dave

I like Imo's, but I think La Casa's in Omaha is better. 

KC?  Do they have anything other that Applebee's and Chili's there?   :biggrin:

:pop:
Super Dave

Burt Munro

Since I didn't grow up in STL I can rag on it too......

Toasted Ravioli I like.   Ted Drews - I don't see how it's any different than other frozen custard.

Imo's Pizza is another story.  What a waste of cheese, sauce and dough.

I can copy an Imo's Pizza at home - just take a flour tortilla, smear some ketchup on it and cover it with velveeta cheese.    :ass:

Anybody ever comes to STL and orders pizza from a local place - be prepared to experience a STL delicacy (not!) - Provel Cheese.  Part provolone - part mozarella.  100% awful!  Sticks to your teeth and tastes like crap!  :banghead:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Super Dave

Ok, I liked Bandana's for BBQ.  I ate at that place in KC that had BBQ...can't remember the name, but going there was kind of like going to the Soup Nazi place on Seinfeld.

Omaha and Milwaukee...well, they have Famous Dave's...LOL!  Really, I like their brisket.  I shouldn't be eating anything there though.  Or pizza.   :biggrin:
Super Dave

Burt Munro

Bandana's BBQ is great!   Good food for a good price and they seem to be opening new restaurants fairly rapidly - must be doing something right!
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Greg_Williams

You all need to accept that the midwest is a barren wasteland as far as any indigenous cuisine goes.  Kansas City and St Louis fighting over which one has the superior dining experience is like two backmarker novices arguing over which one is the next Rossi!

I've never ceased to be amazed at how Kansas City thinks that it invented and owns BBQ.  The rest of the world fully and rightfully acknowledges North Carolina's legitimate claim to BBQ as it's own.  The further away from NC, the more inferior the BBQ, until you get to Kansas City and find a slice of Wonder Bread covered in bland beef brisket with a little tomato sauce on top.

If you're going provoke people, provoke them!!
Greg Williams

Cafe Racer Inc.
816-221-0711

www.caferacerinc.com

Super Dave

I've got a couple of those plates for real. 

Austin's is very good in Omaha.  All the old steak houses are gone, which is too bad.

But we have Schwarz Supper Club up by Road America.  That place rocks.  Good bread frosting there, but I'm supposed to lay off the bread.
Super Dave

gonecrazy

actually according to the travel network, there is a place is mississippi that was voted number 1 for BBQ..

bandanas sucks.
imos is great

Super Dave

Quote from: gonecrazy on December 01, 2008, 05:44:23 PM
there is a place is mississippi...
Ok, you're out for grammatical/spelling issues.       :cheers:

Where are you eating!!!!  LOL!
Super Dave

mwsportsimaging

Quote from: Super Dave on December 01, 2008, 05:12:20 PM
All the old steak houses are gone, which is too bad.

Anthony's, Johnny's Cafe at the stockyards, Gorat's, and Caniglia's Venice Inn are still here.  While they are not as special as they once were, they are still very good, and a lot more interesting than any national chain.

Quote from: Greg_Williams on December 01, 2008, 05:07:16 PM
I've never ceased to be amazed at how Kansas City thinks that it invented and owns BBQ.  The rest of the world fully and rightfully acknowledges North Carolina's legitimate claim to BBQ as it's own.

I guess I thought Memphis Tennessee was where great BBQ came from.

I spent 2 years in St. Louis.  Your right, IMO's sucks.  But St. Louis still wins with Italian on "The Hill".

Super Dave

Quote from: mwsportsimaging on December 01, 2008, 06:26:19 PM
Anthony's, Johnny's Cafe at the stockyards, Gorat's, and Caniglia's Venice Inn are still here.  While they are not as special as they once were, they are still very good, and a lot more interesting than any national chain.
I love Canigila's.  But usually for Italian.  But that was when I could eat pasta too...LOL! 

Never made it to Anthony's even though it was close by.  But my girl friend and I went to Ross' steak house for prom...  That was, um, a couple of years ago.  I think GQ magazine had it in one of their last of the original steak houses. 

Ever go to the Son's of Italy for pasta on Thursday for lunch in Omaha?
Super Dave

r1owner

+1 for IMO's sucks... Ted Drew is the last place I go for custard.... Plus, he SO looks like the stereotypical old white child molestor in his commercials....

Rick, have you tried Dewey's pizza yet?