News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

First year racing- Bumped to Expert....Any good Advice !

Started by marcelomotogp, November 29, 2008, 12:55:49 PM

marcelomotogp

I'm a Lightweight Rider on a Ducati 1000 SS ,other than slip-on,everything is stock...I'ts my first year racing and i don't know if i am up for the challenge...Any advice from the seasoned riders...
CCS FL  Ex # 69

Super Dave

Have fun, and focus on what you are doing rather than those around you. 

You'll be racing with some that are certainly faster than you, and, potentially, that are not as fast as you are. 

Your overall life goals in racing might dictate different directions on what you're gonna do from here, but, in general, have fun, be safe, and worry more about your lap times rather than those of others.  Sure, you might use other's times to give you something to shoot for, or even over, but, ultimately, you rider your bike and prepare it. 
Super Dave

bel-biv

suspension
suspension
suspension

ride within yourself
and have fun
Steve #176

www.patriotracing.us
Making a difference through motorsports.

Full Spectrum Power | Innovative Motorcycle Research | Cornerspeed | Orient Express | BG Oil | Online Paddock | On The Throttle

skipper08

Quote from: bel-biv on November 29, 2008, 06:05:18 PM
suspension
suspension
suspension

ride within yourself
and have fun

LOL i would have said the same plus brakes
Gus Sanchez
CCS EX #300 & ASRA #300

Gixxerblade

bel-biv

Steve #176

www.patriotracing.us

Full Spectrum Power | Innovative Motorcycle Research | Cornerspeed | Orient Express | BG Oil | Online Paddock | On The Throttle

tdiaz_618

Quote from: marcelomotogp on November 29, 2008, 12:55:49 PM
I'm a Lightweight Rider on a Ducati 1000 SS ,other than slip-on,everything is stock...I'ts my first year racing and i don't know if i am up for the challenge...Any advice from the seasoned riders...
Marcelo, I'm sure you will hold your own in the expert ranks.  As it is you are faster than many of the experts and you could have easily competed at the expert level this year.  I'm sure you will do very well.

Good Luck at Homestead.

skipper08

Gus Sanchez
CCS EX #300 & ASRA #300

bel-biv

Steve #176

www.patriotracing.us

skipper08

Quote from: tdiaz_618 on December 01, 2008, 05:32:53 PM
Marcelo, I'm sure you will hold your own in the expert ranks.  As it is you are faster than many of the experts and you could have easily competed at the expert level this year.  I'm sure you will do very well.

Good Luck at Homestead.

why do you say "good luck at homestead" am i missing something here. im confused. Are you or him coming down to Homestead speedways on Dec 6-7?? and as what AM or EX???
Gus Sanchez
CCS EX #300 & ASRA #300

ScubaSteve

Quote from: skipper08 on December 02, 2008, 11:58:32 AM
why do you say "good luck at homestead" am i missing something here. im confused. Are you or him coming down to Homestead speedways on Dec 6-7?? and as what AM or EX???

its because they are Fl guys gus
Steve

CCS FL

MELK-MAN

Whenever possible, hang with a faster expert rider. You will learn BUNCHES just staying with a very fast rider through 1 corner, then as you pick up the pace, you will be able to hang for a couple corners. The faster riders will drag you (kicking and screaming) toward lower lap times. Just ALWAYS be predictable on the track. Faster riders will be coming up on you much faster than you anticipate at first.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice