News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Race Coverage

Started by SliderPhoto, March 24, 2003, 04:34:56 AM

SliderPhoto

I found out last Friday, from a friend, that Kevin decided to use someone else for race coverage this season. It came as a suprise since we had made a deal a month prior. But not a problem, actually it's probably a blessing. I had made plans to make it to almost all the events this year including MAM and Gingerman, which I didn't make last year. Now I have more flexibility to pursue some opportunities that just presented themselves.

I just wanted to let you guys know that I wouldn't be doing the articles as I had said. I'm just glad it's going to get done, you guys deserve it!

chris_chops

Jack,
   Would have been great if you were doing it, but being free from the schedule should work out good for you.  See you at the track.

Matt

OmniGLH

Uhhhh.... so does that mean you won't be taking photos of everyone anymore?
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

SliderPhoto

QuoteUhhhh.... so does that mean you won't be taking photos of everyone anymore?

Hey Jim, no, I'll still be there to take photos. I just wont be at as many CCS races as I had planned.

OmniGLH

QuoteHey Jim, no, I'll still be there to take photos. I just wont be at as many CCS races as I had planned.

Ok good  :)  Am still planning to buy a bunch of your photos this year for our "race reports" to our sponsors...
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

the_weggie_man

Make a deal, break a deal, wtf? ::)

Protein Filled

Super Dave's School, then Jack... CCS is starting to remind me of the AMA!
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

Woofentino Pugrossi

Sorry to hear that Jack. Ideas on who it is?
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

OmniGLH

QuoteChevy? Whats a Chevy?
OH you mean that truck that is always in my rear view mirror?

Anytime you wanna line 'em up, buddy....  ;)  ;D

Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

SliderPhoto

Let's not get all bent out of shape. ;D Like I've said before, it's a blessing. Writing an article was really a lot of work for me. I'm so anal it took me a couple days to write one.

This year I had partnered with a racer friend and together we had planned to see that it got done. So I was looking forward to it. But the timing and the lack of communication from CCS is just another reason why this is a blessing.

It's going to get done. I'm happy. I had posted several times about doing race coverage, so I just wanted to let you guys know that I wont be doing it.

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteAnytime you wanna line 'em up, buddy....  ;)  ;D

Only if I can use my blue 99 Base Dakota. Although I had to put a new motor in it (previous owner blew the 4 banger up), new seats (vinyl sucks), new rims and tires. Should be a 'simple' truck for you to try to 'kill' ;D ;D ;D

Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141

Dawn

Rob....

I like the way you think!!!!!

Dawn   ;D

OmniGLH

QuoteOnly if I can use my blue 99 Base Dakota. Although I had to put a new motor in it (previous owner blew the 4 banger up), new seats (vinyl sucks), new rims and tires. Should be a 'simple' truck for you to try to 'kill' ;D ;D ;D

Hahhahaha, well, golly gee Rob, why don't you bring it down here and let's line 'em up?

Oh wait, you can't... cuz that's not YOUR truck.  LOL.  Last time I checked, that truck belonged to a guy in Idaho.  

Looks like the truck belongs to a Chuck Snodgrass, in Boise, ID.  Head of some Dakota club there.  
http://www.dodgedakotas.com/boards/gen/2557.html
http://www.dakotausa.com/chapters.htm
http://www.dakotausa.com/members.htm

Nice try, dork ::)
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

KBOlsen

CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Dawn

QuoteBUSTED! :D

Well Rob....  

I still like the way you think.  One can never have too much HP.

Dawn   ;D

Woofentino Pugrossi

Well working on building my own. :D

I know its Chucks. ;D FYI thats not the only Dakota with a V10 floating around. Know of 3 more.

Oh BTW once I hit 99mph with ya, I'll wave bye bye as I pass ya.:D:D Got to love governors.:D:D:D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141

SliderPhoto

Cars suck!

Don't make me fire up the Cobra. :o ;D

OmniGLH

QuoteWell working on building my own. :D

I know its Chucks. ;D FYI thats not the only Dakota with a V10 floating around. Know of 3 more.

Oh BTW once I hit 99mph with ya, I'll wave bye bye as I pass ya.:D:D Got to love governors.:D:D:D

Uh huh...suuuure  ;)  ;)

Governor?  What's a governor?  Oh is that one of those things that was disabled when I reflashed my PCM with a Diablosport programmer??  ;D
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

Steviebee

lol cobra.    my stang is in a corner of the garage feeling neglected.    New heads, cam and it's sitting with a dead battery saying fix me, not work on the bike.

Man i broke so many drill bits dill those dam bolts.  I gotta find a cheap drill press.

Steviebee

I forgot to ask ? does this mean you wont be at the races (taking pictures ) that you posted on your website ?

Will you be posting an updated schedule ??

SliderPhoto

QuoteI forgot to ask ? does this mean you wont be at the races (taking pictures ) that you posted on your website ?

Will you be posting an updated schedule ??

I'm still planning on attending all the CCS races that I can.

EX#996

QuoteCars suck!

Don't make me fire up the Cobra. :o ;D

LOL!!!

We have a 69 Ford Ranger (it's a full size truck, 'Ranger' at that time was the trim package) with a Chrysler 440, high flow heads, headers, dual exhast with flowmasters, 4 bbl carb and a nice lumpy cam.  This goes into a tranny that came out of a 70 Dodge Charger with a slap-stick.  She don't handle that well, but she can sure do some  A W E S O M E  burnouts.   ;D

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton