News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

how do i uninstall my Brembo brake lever?!

Started by LongDogRacing, November 09, 2008, 08:49:30 AM

LongDogRacing

I picked up one of their "folding" style levers.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to get the stock lever off the brembo master!  The adjuster knob seems to be the culprit, but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to remove it.

Somebody help!

--Justin
Justin Pennella
CCS Ex #32

Proud supporter of MOTOHICK

dylanfan53

This might help...apparently some pins punch out and some are screws. Good luck.

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?p=496332
Don Cook
CCS #53

benprobst

Quote from: LongDogRacing on November 09, 2008, 08:49:30 AM
I picked up one of their "folding" style levers.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to get the stock lever off the brembo master!  The adjuster knob seems to be the culprit, but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to remove it.

Somebody help!

--Justin

There is a tiny pin in the adjuster knob. Knock it our with a roll pin punch and a hammer, then remove the C/D clip fromt he primary pivot/axle and the lever will fall right off.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

LongDogRacing

Justin Pennella
CCS Ex #32

Proud supporter of MOTOHICK

Jeff

and once you lose the pin (you will... if not today, give it time) just replace with safety wire.

Also, do yourself a favor and buy a rebuild kit because once you fall, the lever RARELY breaks, but what does break is the little "hat" inside that holds the plunger in place (which pushes the piston to make you anti-go).  They're cheap... www.yoyodyneti.com tell Fred I sent you from here...  (so he knows his advertising dollars work)
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest