News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Safety survey

Started by Dan_Lance, November 18, 2002, 05:42:42 PM

Dan_Lance

Just a few questions for my continuing efforts. All replies will be confidential (in case anyone cares) and very helpful in my (don't like to use the word crash) event statistics study. I am in the second year of compiling data.This study helps identify areas where placing soft barriers can make a difference.
The following questions are specific to barrier events.
1.  Event specifics
a.      Name of Raceway
b.      Turn #
c.      What was Weather on day of event?
d.      Distance from race line to barrier.
e.      What type of crash?  
1.      (Entry, apex, or exit)
2. (Low side or high side)
f.      Approximate speed at time on event.
g.      Approximate angle of impact.
h.      Did impact damage barrier?
i.      Any injury from event?

2.  Rider opinion
a. Was barrier effective?
b.      Has the use of soft barriers had any effect on your racing style?      
Thanks in advance, your replies will be of great value in furthering safety for all racers.
Dan Lance
flagsvs@aol.com
603-571-5935

the_weggie_man

Dan,

In conjunction with Dr. Jim Adams of the Tachyon Sports Injury Research Foundation, the Wegman Benefit Fund will be conducting a survey also starting next season concerning crashes.

Hopefully the information collected will assist in the prevention, cause and effect and rehab of motorcycle racing crashes and the riders involved.

I will contact you as soon as we start developing the survey form and ask for you input also.

Thanks for your efforts in safeguarding the racers out there.  Wegman Fund has been assisting in the after math of race crashes until this point but would now like to try help in the prevention and injury avoidance of these in these incidents also.

Gordon Lunde
Wegman Benefit Fund

Dan_Lance

Gordon, I too have been talking with Jim and we will all be together in this I think. Doc and I met at Atlanta and began a new cooperation that I will be happy to be a part of. Perhaps jointly we can all aid the sport and our racers.
Thanks,
Dan

Leo_W._Halm

Dan,
Now that the racing season is about to get started, are you still interested in this info?  Would you like it sent to your E-Mail or posted?
Leo

chris_chops

I'm glad you guys are doing this.  Thanks!

Matt

MightyDuc Racing

QuoteI'm glad you guys are doing this.  Thanks!

Matt

DITTO!!!

;)
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Super Dave

Yes...Please.

Last year, the Gateway wall was exposed too much.  The hay & air fence didn't go far enough.  I pointed this out to the race director on Friday.  Nothing was done.  Saturday...nothing.  Then people wad.  

So, my question is...if we see a problem and voice our concern...who must we talk to so that we can get action?  

Anyone give us some direction?
Super Dave

the_weggie_man

Talk to their wallets and don't show up. See how fast the safety stuff gets fixed then.

By the way, we are moving forward on the air fence for Blackhawk.  Probably won't be ready for the first weekend but should be soon after.