News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Michelin to release NEW 17" DOT and 16.5" slicks FEB 09...

Started by MELK-MAN, October 26, 2008, 11:44:19 AM

MELK-MAN

.. and according to Ron Wood they mean it this time. 8) There will be 3 choices of front DOT 17" tires, as well as chioce of 3 DOT rears each of which will be dual compound (softer edges). The tires are designed to be used as matched sets, say of the fronts a,b,c.. the best rear for a given front would be one of the 3 rears. The bike works differently when you mix the new front with an old prior PR series rear.
There will also be new 17" slicks AND new 16.5" slicks.

Yes, they were supposed to be out last year and testing here in the states started as early as 5/07 but apparently the compounds to be used did not agree with some environmental standard and had to be switched. This led to going back to the drawing board in some areas of development and delayed the release. Some final testing was done at Daytona and right after that at JenningsGP this past week.

Yea!! :thumb:
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Super Dave

Quote from: MELK-MAN on October 26, 2008, 11:44:19 AM...but apparently the compounds to be used did not agree with some environmental standard and had to be switched...
I'm going to go burn some things in the back yard to compensate.  :D
Super Dave

MELK-MAN

2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Super Dave

Thanks for the update, Greg.  I've heard some of the bits and pieces too.  Sounds cool too.  Explains a lot too.
Super Dave

cstem

Greg is right and those tires looked really good at Daytona.  At first when I went to talk to Walt and saw them from a distance I thought they were Shinkos due to the tread pattern.  After seeinng one come off of the track with time that would of put the rider in 2nd qual spot for ASRA Superbike- and the wear looking awesome- I must say I cannot wait to start selling those here!
The voice of the Southwest.

Scotty Ryan

Quote from: MELK-MAN on October 26, 2008, 11:44:19 AM
.. and according to Ron Wood they mean it this time. 8) There will be 3 choices of front DOT 17" tires, as well as chioce of 3 DOT rears each of which will be dual compound (softer edges). The tires are designed to be used as matched sets, say of the fronts a,b,c.. the best rear for a given front would be one of the 3 rears. The bike works differently when you mix the new front with an old prior PR series rear.
There will also be new 17" slicks AND new 16.5" slicks.

Yes, they were supposed to be out last year and testing here in the states started as early as 5/07 but apparently the compounds to be used did not agree with some environmental standard and had to be switched. This led to going back to the drawing board in some areas of development and delayed the release. Some final testing was done at Daytona and right after that at JenningsGP this past week.

Yea!! :thumb:

+1
"MMMM - Fork Oil For Breakfast"

61 or 61 X - Which will it be??