Don Cook
CCS #53

Jeff

Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Helmsman

Brazil has an interesting farming situation right now actually.  Brazil has some of the best farm land in the word, literally millions and millions of acres of it...which you can basically claim from the government.  Couple years ago that was the big buzz in the ag industry.  Lack of roads and increased transportation cost have hurt a lot of the guys that have tried it though.  He didn't say "owning" a farm, he said running, so i wonder what his role is.  Does he have a farming backround?

Super Dave

Quote from: Helmsman on October 26, 2008, 02:04:21 AMDoes he have a farming backround?
Not that I know of.  His dad, Dave, owned a motorcycle dealership in NorCal.  I believe there are a lot of subsidies in the ethanol industry in Brazil though.  With the sugar beet crop?  Probably well off enough where he could buy an existing farm, I would imagine.
Super Dave

tzracer

Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

chaplain220

I had to think about this one for a while, but Eric brings up a good point, that every day is precious, a chance to make a difference in someones life.  Most of the time we just work, eat and sleep till the next crisis hits, then we just work harder to make more money, eat and sleep less.  I think it takes guts to stop and ask very simply, "why am I here?"  Now, granted, Eric probably has a little more dough lying around, but money is merely a tool, not a temple to worship, so regardless of how much we got, ( I live paycheck to paycheck), but that doesnt mean we cant ask that question, and really start to live.  I believe all of us have purpose, I threw away a career and steadily increasing pension, to race crotch-rockets, and use racing to change the hearts of men and youth from tough backgrounds, I'm glad I did.  Is God real?  I cant prove it, but I know I am a completely different man than I was before I became a believer, the same story I hear over and over from some of the men I respect the most, who were some of the worst former selfish bat-rastards that ever walked the earth, just like I used to be.  Ohh, darnit, I'm preachin again, sorry, It's what I do...in addition to being incredibly fast.  I hope you find your place Eric, make a difference, the days are precious.

GIGOLO

Not to stir the pot, but you have to ask yourself would he be making this move if he was on a competitive team?  I think he feels that rule and class changes next year are going to make the time it takes to get on the box consistently, too long for him.  I have a little brother who also took the movie Into The Wild a little too seriously also.

StumpysWife

"Moving to Brazil to farm mangos and tilapia" is now my go-to answer for everything.  Unbelievable as it seems, it might just be true! 

Good for Eric.  Obviously he's not afraid of a little risk and thinking outside of the box--or off the box as it may be. 

Heather

Burt Munro

Option #1:  Move to Brazil to farm mangos and tilapia

Option #2:  Move to da UP and start a snow plowing business.

If I go with option #2 I might at least get July and August off.   :thumb:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

weggieman

I'd say that five point leafy stuff that some folks use for entertainment would be his crop of choice......................

dylanfan53

Okay, I started this so I'll thrown in.  I've always liked Eric.  Seems to have a good attitude and really down to earth.  Seems also to enjoy life and adventure which I respect.  I just thought it was kinda funny that he thought of Brazil as stable.

Of course, it is an excellent place to learn guitar.

Really, I like the guy and wish him well.

BTW the way, it reminds me of the joke about the guys who won the lottery.  The fisher said he'd buy a bass boat and retire fishing, the racer said he'd buy an RV and trailer and race every track in the world, the farmer said he'd farm and farm and farm until it was all gone...
Don Cook
CCS #53

GIGOLO

He'll be back.....

I too thought ( when I was 18) that I could avoid being part of the herd so to speak.  I moved to rural Arkansas, got bored.  I'm not saying that he is addicted to the glitz and the glamour of being an A.M.A. pro, but I think pooping in a can will get old.