News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CCS/ASRA Tire Sponsors

Started by deltadave, October 24, 2008, 05:25:41 PM

deltadave

Since AMA and MOTO GT (formerly MOTO ST) are now using Dunlop as the spec tire for their 2009 season and possibly beyond, does that open up opportunities for CCS/ASRA to put together a deal or deals with Michelin, Bridgestone and Pirelli?  Some examples might be:  (1) significant contingincies for specific classes.  (2)  Title sponsorship of specific classes or events.  (3)  Spec tire for Thunderbike with  significant  support from the tire manufacturer.  My guess is that  at least Michelin and Pirelli are looking for new ways to promote motorcycle tire sales in the US.  Since Pirelli was the spec tire of MOTO-ST for the last two years, I would think that they have everything in place to do something, but no place to do it!

eboos

I would say that Michelin is the most in need of new opportunities now that they are out of MotoGP. I would like to see something go on with Pirelli that would help reduce the costs to everyone (especially slow guys like me who can't collect any money or credit).
LRRS #205 Novice
2000 Buell M2
2010 Sponsors: Precision HD/Buell, Precision Triumph, Boston Moto, Superbike Toy Store, Pilot, Braking, RK Chains

Super Dave

Yeah, Dunlop will be spending significant money in being the spec tire.  And the others will not.  So, if they desire, they would potentially put in more contingency into grass roots racing.  A spec tire for a national club race though would potentially drive some riders out of the classes when more riders are needed.  Sure, a manufacturer could put down some serious money that would almost make it like a spec series, and that would be fine.  We'll have to wait an see. 
Super Dave

MELK-MAN

Dunlop is the  spec tire for MotoST now?? how did i miss that..
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

eboos

It was just announced yesterday. Also Moto-ST was renamed Moto-GT since they are now allowing inline 4 600's
LRRS #205 Novice
2000 Buell M2
2010 Sponsors: Precision HD/Buell, Precision Triumph, Boston Moto, Superbike Toy Store, Pilot, Braking, RK Chains

Scotty Ryan

Quote from: Super Dave on October 24, 2008, 07:53:15 PM
Yeah, Dunlop will be spending significant money in being the spec tire.  And the others will not.  So, if they desire, they would potentially put in more contingency into grass roots racing.  A spec tire for a national club race though would potentially drive some riders out of the classes when more riders are needed.  Sure, a manufacturer could put down some serious money that would almost make it like a spec series, and that would be fine.  We'll have to wait an see. 

+1
"MMMM - Fork Oil For Breakfast"

61 or 61 X - Which will it be??

RCR_531

I have heard that Pirelli is raising there pay out this year for EX and AM. I have also heard that Continental is coming out with something for this year too.
Rodney LeQuia

Biggs Motorsports  RCR Kawasaki  SBS Vortex  Conti
Lithum Motorsports