New International Horse shoe

Started by quicktoy, October 23, 2008, 06:03:12 AM

quicktoy

I heard rumors it was run for pit out saftey concerns for MotoST. I was wondering why in the future we cant run the old horse shoe as the new one is absolutely HORRIBLE.  Can we get some feedback for CCS of those who would like to run the old Horseshoe config for the sprints

My return as an Amateur

MELK-MAN

it was the tire barrier on the outside of the turn and how to get bikes further from it after a pretty bad crash a few years back at an ROC. Had little to do with the pit out situation as i understood it.. Personally, the pit out blend may have been better before. you have bikes heading right for you as you pit out and last year in the 8 hour the lead BMW was taken out exiting the IH as a rider came from pit out heading to the kink.
my 2c, I like the old IH.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

zeroice

I agree with melk-man.
The old blend line is better for those endurance races while the new blend line is slightly hazzardous and requires better judgement.
But the new configuration is safer in terms of run-off when approaching the horseshoe. especially since the bikes these days are getting faster and faster.

Idealy they would have moved the wall back but that would put that access road right where the RVs are. Aint gonna happen.

And running 2 configs in a weekend is out of the question too. I thought about the idea of running the olf horse shoe in the endurance races then run the new horse shoe in the sprint races, but different configs in the same weekend will be confusing as heck...

my 2 cents
Krishna A. Pribadi
CCS #707

kl3640

Quote from: quicktoy on October 23, 2008, 06:03:12 AM
I heard rumors it was run for pit out saftey concerns for MotoST. I was wondering why in the future we cant run the old horse shoe as the new one is absolutely HORRIBLE.  Can we get some feedback for CCS of those who would like to run the old Horseshoe config for the sprints

If anything the new pit out config is worse, as it puts out-lap riders right in to the line of hot-lap riders who are looking through the turn, not towards the blend-line.  Not only that, but if a hot-lap rider runs wide or runs off towards the outside, they're crossing the pit-out line.

The former config was better for pit-out, but as has been pointed out above, it created a general safety issue for riders on a hot-lap.

quicktoy

ok, let me reiterate my question. If you guys had your choice of old horse shoe or new one, which would you rather??
Im going with the old one
My return as an Amateur

PJ721

Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Laugh uncontrollably...
And never regret anything that made you smile....

MELK-MAN

same here..I like the old one better but I can see why they wanted to get further from the tire wall.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

vsquires

I like the old one, on the new one have trouble with it tightening up.

Garywc

CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

jigs

I crashed there Thursday,ended up on the pavement of the entry blend line,almost got run over by two riders entering the track! this was my first time there and I like like old one and don't even know what it looks like.

kl3640

GSXR RACER MIKE

I agree with the old one being better, but also see the need for more run-off.  :err:
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96