News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CCS bump up fast riders/top finishers???

Started by spymoto, October 15, 2008, 05:30:41 AM

spymoto

Just a noobie question for you guys. Does CCS bump up top place finishers from Am to Expert at the end of the year? I ask because I know they did that when I raced motocross. I've noticed 2 guys always finishing 1st and 2nd in the MW class at BHF with times almost as fast as the Expert top 3 (01:11/01:12 seconds, fastest lap of race).

I would think that would make things a bit fairer for people starting out in the AM to place, make contingincy and then move on to expert. instead of having 2 or 3 people always taking top 3 year after year with out taking the next step.

Any thoughts on this?
"My lifestyle determans my deathstyle" - Metalica

xb9racer

Yes. I think you opened a can of worms.
I hear what you're saying, but that's a bitchfest of a topic here.

roadracer162

Yes, CCS does move some Amateurs to Expert at the end of year. There is a criteria that is used such as Regional Championship, National fnish at the ROC or points required. One can even request to be moved to expert and then also some challenge to stay amateur. I for one prefer to move to Expert to have the cance to win a little loot.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

backMARKr

There are two "L's" in Metallica and determine is spelled with an "i" and an "e". :biggrin:
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

G-reg

--Greg
MW EX#84

tstruyk

even without the perennial sandbaggers, there are still always blazin fast Am's every year... The guys that "get it" move up as quick as they can.  Some even well before they finsish their first AM year.  Ron Hix did that this year... seems to me Dan Ortega did the same a few years back... I could be wrong on that one, completely second hand.

Some play the "I'm not ready" card, some really arent "ready" (safety, not speed)

CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

gixxer188

Quote from: spymoto on October 15, 2008, 05:30:41 AM
Just a noobie question for you guys. Does CCS bump up top place finishers from Am to Expert at the end of the year? I ask because I know they did that when I raced motocross. I've noticed 2 guys always finishing 1st and 2nd in the MW class at BHF with times almost as fast as the Expert top 3 (01:11/01:12 seconds, fastest lap of race).

I would think that would make things a bit fairer for people starting out in the AM to place, make contingincy and then move on to expert. instead of having 2 or 3 people always taking top 3 year after year with out taking the next step.

Any thoughts on this?

Don't worry Mike, Eric Rodriguez and Mike Ayers have to go EX next year.  Of course Will is still on the fence.
MadisonSBK.com Online Store
MadisonSBK Racing - Owner/Racer
2012 CCS Midwest Regional Formula 40 Champion
2012 Blackhawk Farms Raceway Formula 40 Track Champion

EX_#76

Quote from: backMARKr on October 15, 2008, 08:51:13 AM
There are two "L's" in Metallica and determine is spelled with an "i" and an "e". :biggrin:

Damn teachers!!!
LOL
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

GIGOLO

Quote from: gixxer188 on October 15, 2008, 01:35:21 PM
Don't worry Mike, Eric Rodriguez and Mike Ayers have to go EX next year.  Of course Will is still on the fence.

Tell Will to stay, I need a familiar face to race against next year.  Everybody left :wah:

dylanfan53

Don Cook
CCS #53

spymoto

Thanks for all of the info you guys! It will be a while before I hit 11's  :spank:
"My lifestyle determans my deathstyle" - Metalica

R1Racer99

I don't know of any amateurs that hit 11s this year. The fastest times were usually between a high 12 and mid-13. I didn't race very much but I was in the 14s and 15s and that was good enough for 3rd-5th most of the time so you don't need to go that fast to run up front. Hopefully with a new bike I can steal everyone's tire money and be the recipient of the whining next year. It will be fun to see how Mike and Erik do against the experts next year too.

Anyone know when the bump list comes out?

Sobottka

Quote from: R1Racer99 on October 16, 2008, 02:55:08 PM
I don't know of any amateurs that hit 11s this year. The fastest times were usually between a high 12 and mid-13. I didn't race very much but I was in the 14s and 15s and that was good enough for 3rd-5th most of the time so you don't need to go that fast to run up front. Hopefully with a new bike I can steal everyone's tire money and be the recipient of the whining next year. It will be fun to see how Mike and Erik do against the experts next year too.

Anyone know when the bump list comes out?
check the times from the last round. Eric was in the 11's.
Btw- Eric will be a top expert next year as only a few experts ran sub 12's
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

R1Racer99

I did but I must have missed that race, that's a pretty big jump from high 12s especially on that old Suzuki. I agree, he's going to be tough next year when he has more than one guy to compete with.

Mike829

I already have my white plates on!! I can't wait to follow one of those 10's/11's guys so i can try to get faster.  sometimes you need a pull in the right direction.
Mike #829EX
Madison Sportbikes Racing

Sobottka

Quote from: R1Racer99 on October 16, 2008, 04:54:57 PM
I did but I must have missed that race, that's a pretty big jump from high 12s especially on that old Suzuki. I agree, he's going to be tough next year when he has more than one guy to compete with.
here ya go!  http://www.myracingbio.com/?event=lapsByEvent&facilityId=1&eventId=84&sessionId=2294
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe