question about AMA Pro Racing sanctioning events

Started by LongDogRacing, October 12, 2008, 11:18:44 AM

LongDogRacing

Hello everyone,

Can someone help me understand how this works!?

From this article,

http://www.amamotocross.com/article.php?&sc=1003&aid=12496&UID=SwNOl90VeRyiwzpFIGq3Krgrh8DtAN

it appears that the AMA is capable of sanctioning/promoting at the WORLD level.  However, they decided to sell off the rights to their national level series (to DMG)?

Am I confused about the roles and responsibilities of the organizations or something? 

Thanks in advance,
--Justin
Justin Pennella
CCS Ex #32

Proud supporter of MOTOHICK

Super Dave

AMA is the US affiliate of the FIM as an organization for riders rights and for racing.

Daytona Motorsports Group now owns AMA Pro Racing.  So, they will do the AMA pro licensing and AMA Pro events.  If you were Colin Edwards, Ben Spies, Jason Pridmore or another rider that did international races outside the US, your international racing license for world championship sanctioned events, the FIM, would come from the AMA.

Occasionally, some AMA US events have been FIM sanctioned.  The 600 Supersport races of years past, the name previously used for the 2008 Supersport class, were FIM events that required an event FIM license, but then they offered a purse also that was not available in AMA events.

I didn't read the article, but I'm reacting to some of where I think you're going.  Hopefully, it helps you a bit.
Super Dave

LongDogRacing

Thank you, Super Dave.  I think it helped a bit.  Let me chew on what you said, and get back with a couple more questions...  --Justin
Justin Pennella
CCS Ex #32

G 97

Quote from: Super Dave on October 12, 2008, 08:24:48 PM
AMA is the US affiliate of the FIM as an organization for riders rights and for racing.

Daytona Motorsports Group now owns AMA Pro Racing. 

Wrong on both accountds. 

The AMA is not an affiliate of the FIM

DMG does not own AMA Pro Racing

G

LongDogRacing

I'm so confused.

Dave, thanks for backing up your response.

G, why did you say he was wrong?

--Justin
Justin Pennella
CCS Ex #32

Super Dave

Super Dave

Burt Munro

Quote from: LongDogRacing on October 13, 2008, 02:46:59 PM

G, why did you say he was wrong?

--Justin

Because Dave left out the mandatory 3 yrs of NESBA Track Days that are required.   :ass:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!