News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Numberplate rule proposal

Started by monkeybrains, October 05, 2008, 09:00:53 PM

brendan113

I guess the question should have been has anyone passed tech with one number across tail. I know that i didn't meet number size criteria all last season. I also would think that one number across is fine and possibly more visible.

roadracer162

Like I mentioned earlier many have passed tech. The size of the number comes into play for visibility. The number on the top of the plate is difficult to see when the machine is completely vertical. at mid corner the tail number on the top is more visible from the side as long as you are on the inside of the corner. If the observer is on the other side(outside of the corner) then the top of the tail is not visible at mid corner.

I would also venture to say that most bikes with a problem(smoky or trailing fluids) is not identified as the bike is approaching, but more confirmed as the bike passes. This negates the ability of the corner worker to read the front number plate and the corner worker must rely on the various other number plates to identify the rider/machine.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Johnny B

Johnny B. (the other one) ®
Butler's Rest Home - "No Vacancy"
http://resthome.50megs.com

nevenelestate

I know this is an old thread, but seeing as this rule has now been implemented and I have a question about the new rule.

If the tail section profile does not allow the machine to comply with Section 5.3.5.B, a single number display on the top of the tail section may be installed and orientated to be read from the rear of the machine. If this configuration is chosen, the riders competition number must be also be displayed on each side of the lower fairing as to be visible by safety crew and officials. It is the rider's responsibility to have the number display correct before coming to Tech Inspection.

Do the numbers on the sides of the lower fairing need to be 4" or is as big as practical ok? in 2013 I ran numbers on my lower just because, they were 2" tall numbers, as seen here.

Additionally it does not specify if there needs to be a number plate behind them, in other words white or yellow background. Is this required?

Capitalview

I would say you would need larger numbers.  Imagine trying to see those little numbers while you are going by at 80+mph.  Wouldn't be very easy.

IFMracing

Agreed.  I don't see those numbers being very visible.
GP AM CCS #28 ASRA #128
I.F.M. Racing

Woofentino Pugrossi

And I would say use the number plate colors also. Some combined ex/am may have 2 bikes with the same number.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

nevenelestate

Talked to someone at CCS on the phone, not sure exactly who, that said they should be 4" numbers on the sides, and as expected background color to match the class (am/Exp).