ROC (daytona) questions

Started by gntbldr, September 23, 2008, 08:54:17 PM

gntbldr

Does ANY of the points at the 1st Daytona or this last one (Race of Champions) get added into ANY of the regional points standings?

And does that also go for the Team and Solo Challenge?

Another question I have is do you have to be leading in points in your region to go down to ROC, get 1st, and go home with a National title?

GSXR RACER MIKE

If you go to the "Schedule of events and results" page on the CCS / ASRA main website there is a column running down the page that lists the 'Regions' that are going to collect points for that event. Every event your at where there are multiple regions listed for that event you recieve matching points in ALL of those listed regions for that event - so it's possible if you ran enough combined region events thru-out the season that you may be doing good in another region and didn't realize it. For example the spring Daytona event paid points to all who participated, those points were paid in the FL, SO, MA, & SE regions (no matter what region your from). So if you won a race at that event the finishing position in the results and related points would have been paid to you in ALL of those 4 regions - but not any other regions. To overly clarify this, I'm from the MW region, if I had won a race at that event I would be listed in the results and recieved points - but ONLY in all 4 of the regions listed for that event (  FL, SO, MA, & SE regions ), NOT in the MW region.  The ASRA & TC races are listed for BOTH the spring and fall Daytona events as being points paying, but NO CCS region receives points at the ROC at Daytona in the fall.

If you only ran 1 race the whole season, finished last, and then started at the back of the grid at the ROC and managed to work your way all the way thru the pack and win the race - your the winner and you get the National Title for that class!

As stolen from the 2008 CCS / ASRA rulebook:

8.4 CCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS - Winners of each class at the annual Race of
Champions will be declared CCS National Champions.

---8.4.1 All licensed riders who have competed in a CCS or ASRA event during the
season will be issued a Race of Champions entry.

-----A. Series Champions will be grided fi rst. Note: 2007 National Expert
Champions will be grided on the pole, providing they submit their
pre-entry in time.
-----B. Riders with a regional ranking in the class that they are entering will
be grided in order of their series ranking providing they submit their
pre-entry in time.
-----C. All other riders will be grided in order of entry.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

kl3640

Quote from: gntbldr on September 23, 2008, 08:54:17 PM
Does ANY of the points at the 1st Daytona or this last one (Race of Champions) get added into ANY of the regional points standings?

And does that also go for the Team and Solo Challenge?

Another question I have is do you have to be leading in points in your region to go down to ROC, get 1st, and go home with a National title?

Jim, I thought you couldn't make RoC?  Does your question foreshadow your presence here in FL next month...will we get to do battle one more time this season?  :cheers:

gntbldr

Mike, I appreciate the clarification with your reply. Answered my questions perfectly

Quote from: kl3640 on September 23, 2008, 11:46:37 PM
Jim, I thought you couldn't make RoC?  Does your question foreshadow your presence here in FL next month...will we get to do battle one more time this season?  :cheers:

Ahh,, Vas...
I for surely would be happier than a pig in stinkie poo to go after this... But I believe you've earned the chance at this. A chance that I can't afford to go to,,, this year at least. :D ;)

kl3640

Quote from: gntbldr on September 24, 2008, 01:16:43 AM
Mike, I appreciate the clarification with your reply. Answered my questions perfectly

Ahh,, Vas...
I for surely would be happier than a pig in stinkie poo to go after this... But I believe you've earned the chance at this. A chance that I can't afford to go to,,, this year at least. :D ;)

Jim, you're a race-tease :) March it is...unless I can convince you to partner for TC, that is...

MELK-MAN

I just realized kl3640 is Vas.. good seeing ya at VIR and say "hey" at Daytona. Poke Charlie in the eye for me...lol.
Dont' forget everyone, we get to run the OLD course for the ROC. Speed O' Plenty.. Check out the MotoST 8 hr race too!
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

kl3640

Quote from: MELK-MAN on September 24, 2008, 09:53:26 AM
I just realized kl3640 is Vas.. good seeing ya at VIR and say "hey" at Daytona. Poke Charlie in the eye for me...lol.
Dont' forget everyone, we get to run the OLD course for the ROC. Speed O' Plenty.. Check out the MotoST 8 hr race too!

Hey Greg, nice catching up with you at VIR too...I can't poke Charlie in the eye because that would leave him totally blind...wouldn't want to do that to him...or wood eye...?

Can't wait for RoC...watching all you fast guys duke it out on the track for national titles will be awesome...I plan to bring a video camera for sure.  Riding Solo without the stress of the points chase will be lots of fun also.

p.s.  Thanks for all the track advice @ VIR.