VIR Thanks!

Started by TrophyGal, September 22, 2008, 02:40:14 PM

TrophyGal

Thanks to all the racers for showin' up at VIR this past weekend .. and putting on ONE HECK OF A SHOW .. both on the track and some in the air (LOL).

Thanks to the corner workers who did an outstanding job and the staff for filling in blanks on the corner stations.

... and yes .. that was the SE Race Director Art Staples, working the little red CCS crash truck.  He said, "I actually got to watch the races this weekend!  And, they were awesome!"

Great turn out .. wonderful weather .. If you weren't there, you missed alot of G.R.E.A.T. racing!

MELK-MAN

I love the weather in the South East series.. that is for sure. Nice break from the humidity in FL.
I would like to thank CCS for a great weekend, and not sure if needed, but an apology to Art and Phil for bending ears about my jump start call. I was calm about it i think, but i know i took up some time with more than a few officials over that. Looking forward to Daytona..
Greg Melka
SE #1 or #2... ( waiting to see how the point totals after perf. index adjustments come out. Yup-that close)
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Chris410

Hats off to everyone, the talent and depth in both amateur and expert fields is simply amazing!  Also, thank you Art for the ride in the truck...I guess my bike decided it had enough of me and decided to pitch me in the air coming out of turn 15...I slid down the track which honestly was scary because I was worried that I may be hit and end up causing someone else to crash.  As I was tumbling I was actually able to identify the grass somehow so, I began to tumble towards the grass :-)  VIR literally kicked my A$$ (I have a boot shaped bruise in a perfect square 5x5 inches)but I finished 3 races after the crash thanks to my friends/fellow racers. 

I had a lot of fun not only at VIR but at each race weekend thanks to everyone.  Again, hats off...so many people improved so much during the season that I wanted to say hats off and job well done!  Experts/Amateurs...it was a pleasure and an honor to be a part of the 2008 season!

Have a safe and fun winter and I look forward to seeing eveyone next year.

-Chris
Chris AM #410 Mid-Atlantic
2008 MARRC Amateur Racer of the year

RacerGuy1962

I was watching that race from the top of 14.  You tumbled end over end pretty good, but it was really scary watching your bike ghostride down towards 16 while I could do nothing but stand there as a pack of guys railing through oblivious to it coming at them in the field, luckily it crossed the track earlier than they did, but not by a whole lot.

Glad your ok.
CCS AM # 885

*2005 SV650

MUZ720

Just wanted to add that as an out of region racer (LRRS) I have had a blast at VIR the last two years even though things  always did not go as planed with red flags on both days cut into my racing :(  I hope no one was to badly hurt!
Saturdays GTL and Thunderbike was so much fun  I need more constant laps but hey its a blast always!!!
Sorry I had  to bag Sundays race 3 LW-40 cause of my ride home (12 hours) to Massachusetts.  Work happens! Boss not a race fan!
The place is a hoot to ride fast and always a test to go faster.  I like the way things are run at VIR so I will be back.  Good People, Great place!!!!! and the best Steak sandwich I had had in a long time from the Oak tree pub!!     now if we could just get some bike pictures and the wall in there all would be cool!
J

Chris410

QuoteI was watching that race from the top of 14.  You tumbled end over end pretty good, but it was really scary watching your bike ghostride down towards 16 while I could do nothing but stand there as a pack of guys railing through oblivious to it coming at them in the field, luckily it crossed the track earlier than they did, but not by a whole lot.

Glad your ok.

Thank you!
I did not realize the bike went all the way down and back across the track :-(  until after I got up and looked around for the bike. The situation was frustrating, when the bike bucked me up I landed back on the bike but had no control and ended up flying off the side...I cannot even tell you how thankful I am that (and in  no particular order) A. I was not hit B. nobody hit the bike or ended up crashing because of my crash.  Thankfully, I was the only one who took a tumble and that really was no big deal in the end...few bumps/bruises so riding was no problem after the crash.  I said a quick prayer and gave my thanks that myself and everyone else was ok.  We all know how it is...crashing is part of our sport so when we're able to even type or better yet race with nobody else involved it's a "race blessing" in my book! 
Chris AM #410 Mid-Atlantic
2008 MARRC Amateur Racer of the year