Fellow Racer Killed

Started by xb9racer, September 20, 2008, 01:43:07 PM

xb9racer

It's with a very heavy heart that I have to write this. Greg Holman, a fellow Bueller, racer and good friend was killed last night in a motorcycle accident. I just spoke with Dana, and I still can't believe what she told me. Is it wrong for a 40 year old guy to cry? I hope not, cause I can't stop.
Greg was part of the Windy City Bueller group. I just saw him last weekend down at the MotoGP race at Indy. Would have saw him next weekend for the last race of the season.
Please say a prayer for him, his family and friends. I know I will never forget him.

Super Dave

Rest in peace.  My prayers for family and friends.
Super Dave

jigs

That stinks,so sorry for your loss.Prayers sent to family and friends...hate hearing that news.

chaplain220

Brother, praying for Greg's family and friends.  As far as crying goes, the shortest verse in the Bible is simply this, "Jesus wept".  It happened when He witnessed the deep love and sense of loss that people were experiencing from the death of their friend.  Our racing family is a tight one, the death of a bro means one of the threads of laughter, friendship and encouragement, that had been woven into all of our lives, has been removed.  A painful loss and worthy of tears.  Very sorry bro that your friend Greg has passed, but there is hope, for as much as God says it is appointed for every man to die once, in an instant,"in the twinkling of an eye", as our last breath fails, we will pass from life, unto eternal life, through Christ our Savior. 

xb9racer

Thought I'd post this in case anyone is in the area and would like to pay their respects.
Visitation Tuesday, September 30th, from 3Pm to 9Pm...
Hallowell and James Funeral Home
1020 W. 55th Street
Countryside IL,

There will be a service at 10pm following the visitation.

Gixxerblade

Team Spalding

Our thoughts go out to his friend and family.
Joel Spalding
CCS & ASRA #36

Sponsors: Michelin, Ducati Of Indy, Wife Cindy, Held Gloves, Southeast Sales.

dylanfan53

Sorry to hear this.  Thoughts and prayers for peace for his family and friends.

Don Cook
CCS #53

musikkant

His family and friends will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Chris410

This is sad to read, rest in peace, thoughts and prayers go out to you and his family.

:-(
Chris AM #410 Mid-Atlantic
2008 MARRC Amateur Racer of the year

Jeff

Condolences out to friends & family in their time of grief.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Cowboy 6

Quote from: chaplain220 on September 20, 2008, 10:11:42 PM
Brother, praying for Greg's family and friends.  As far as crying goes, the shortest verse in the Bible is simply this, "Jesus wept". 

+1 to both items. No shame in crying for that...

C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com