NESBA trackday riders do well at BHF

Started by G 97, September 20, 2008, 07:35:37 AM

G 97

NESBA Donate $14,000 for Blackhawk Farms Raceway Airfence

The second annual NESBA MidWest Labor Day Chili Cookoff to Purchase Airfence for Blackhawk Farms Raceway generated $7024.50 in donations from MidWest members and staff on 8/30/09.  Per tradition, the monies donated through member activities including a Chili Cookoff, raffles, and auctions, were matched by NESBA President Bob Blandford, bringing total NESBA donation to over $14,000.

Last year, the NESBA MidWest membership raised $2400, again matched by Blandford for a total of $4800.  The Airfence purchased with those monies has been utilized throughout the 2009 season at Blackhawk Farms Raceway, for all motorcycle events.  "NESBA Airfence," as it has come to be known, has caught eleven crashed riders to date, according to track management.

"Many Midwest riders and racers consider Blackhawk their home track.  Our goal is to make the track as safe as possible for every rider or racer that takes to the track" stated event co-organizer and NESBA member Mike McCaffery.

Blackhawk Farms General Manager, Ron Ehrenhofer, added "Blackhawk Farms is committed to making it's facilities as safe as possible for all motorcycle riders and racers.  Airfence is integral to that.  Blackhawk Farms Raceway is very grateful for NESBA's efforts and donations.  With this, NESBA has really shown their dedication to improving the racetrack community as a whole." 

Blackhawk Farms Raceway currently hosts four motorcycle trackday organizations, two riding schools and one race organization.  According to track management, motorcycle activities constitute nearly 50% of the Blackhawk Farms event schedule.

NESBA is the nation's largest motorcycle trackday organization, and have been hosting events regularly at Blackhawk Farms Raceway since 2001.
G

jigs

That's awesome....thank you NESBA and all the contributers,It means alot to ALL riders I'm sure.

Doctor

Wisconsin SportBikes Racing Team, Zone Photo, Dunlop, MotoVid.com, Blackhawk Farms Raceway

Jim Lilly
CCS Ex #703

ronhix

Ron Hix
Hix Racing #975

2010 Partners - Hawkeye Superbikes - Trackdaystore.com - Dunlop - Ohlins - Arai - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Ayden Lee Leathers - Vesrah - SIDI - GP Tech - NESBA - CLSB

MoparBoyy

-Mopar
2001 Honda F4i / Amateur #426
Sponsored by: DCdecals - MM-Racing - Riverway Racing - Chicagoland SportBikes - Mace Marine

Team Spalding

That is a hugh donation! It will make BHF safer for all riders. We all know BHF could us a lot more airfence. Thank you.
Joel Spalding
CCS & ASRA #36

Sponsors: Michelin, Ducati Of Indy, Wife Cindy, Held Gloves, Southeast Sales.

JBraun

I heard the guy who won the amatuer chili cookoff had actually been cooking chili for like ten years, he just never competed before.
Sandbagger....
ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

wolf44

Quote from: benprobst on July 28, 2008, 11:24:05 PM
Huh, guess I was wrong,
CCS GP EX#5
2008 Sponsors
MotoVelocity www.motovelocity.net
Mills Quarter Horses www.millsquarterhorses.com
St. Louis Staffing www.stlouis-staffing.com
Ducati Omaha www.ducatiomaha.com

tstruyk

Quote from: JBraun on September 22, 2008, 10:24:58 AM
I heard the guy who won the amatuer chili cookoff had actually been cooking chili for like ten years, he just never competed before.
Sandbagger....

dude you crack me up  :lmao:

you going to blackhawk this weekend?
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

funsizeracing

Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

Burt Munro

:cheers: for Jason!   Nice one!

But as much as it pains me,  I have to give props to NESBA on this one.  :thumb:

I just got back from Mid-Ohio (or should I say the Airfence capital of the non-communist portion of the world.)

On the last 2 turns before the front straight I counted 23 sections of airfence!  Wasn't able to count the total pieces for the track when I rode around it, but it has to be at least 80-100!!!

We didn't have to red flag a single session or race over 3 days and not 1 ambulance run.

Coincidence?   I don't think so.

Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Firecat

I can't believe I just applauded a Burt Munro post!!!

What are the odds? about 1 in 10,000 ;)
Brian Blume
Hix Racing #803