airstrip at Blackhawk?

Started by tstruyk, September 19, 2008, 11:05:37 AM

tstruyk

I seem to remember a few years ago there being an airstrip at, or very very near blakchawk.  Maybe just a grass runway?  Anyone know if there

A.  Is one
3.  is it functional
G. how far of a hike would it be or should we have someone pick us up.

we're trying to fly in sunday morning for the next round.

TIA

Timmay
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

racerhall

yes they have one and yes its is functional and its on the other side of the track by the entrance and yes it is a grass runway
Midwest ccs #69
asra #69
ama #66
www.schaumburgaudi.com

tstruyk

CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

Super Dave

You would want to call Blackhawk about it, Timmay, as I think it's classified as an "emergency" strip or something.  Might be some specific FAA things about it.  I was told some stuff once, but it's the technical things that you'd need.  815-389-2000 - Blackhawk.
Super Dave

Woofentino Pugrossi

As Dave said. Its classified as a private strip. You'll have to talk with the owners.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Jan

tstruyk

yeah i figured it was private and we would need permission, i'll have the captain get in touch with them.

thanks for the input and the info!

see you guys there!
CCS GP/ASRA  #85

Burt Munro

Hey Tim......

I have to run a swim meet at the Rec-Plex Saturday.  Didn't think I'd be going to Blackhawk.

You guys need any extra ballast?????
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

tstruyk

sorry Rick, wish we had the room... but with all the hookers and blow and having to run to cuba first, we just cant spare the room...  :biggrin:

its actually just a 2 seater... http://www.vansaircraft.com/public/rv-8int.htm

He built the taildragger version  :thumb:

cruises at around 200mph... should make BFR in 1.25hrs  8)

here's some performance specs http://www.vansaircraft.com/public/rv-8per.htm

HOWEVER, if the weather turns to shit I'll be driving up saturday night... if you wanna ride shotgun I'd  be happy to have someone along for the ride,  I wont be able to hit the road until after 3-4pm... I could stick around if the meet isnt over too late. 
CCS GP/ASRA  #85

KTG

Where do you hook the trailer up? :)
Gron4 Photography
Motorsports Photography
www.gron4.com

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: Burt Munro on September 22, 2008, 08:50:47 PM
Hey Tim......

I have to run a swim meet at the Rec-Plex Saturday.  Didn't think I'd be going to Blackhawk.

I could fly down and pick you up. Bring a parachute, air sick bag and a rosary. I hope you dont mind being flipped around, inverted, flying under power lines and bridges, dodging trees and whatever else I can think of to entertain myself for 300 miles.:biggrin:

BTW where did I leave that Flying for Dummies book.....
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Burt Munro

I was thinking about the 2 seater possibility, but thought it was worth a shot to ask.   :wah:

Swim meet doesn't start until 2pm and will go till at least 6pm so looks like the backup plan wouldn't work out either.

I had already resigned myself to the fact I wouldn't be going but thought there might be a crack in the door.

Have fun......  at least this way you don't have to babysit Kyle Saturday night.   :thumb:

:ass:

barb_arah

Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.

tstruyk

hey Rick, lookin like weather is going to cooperate anyway, sorry i cant help ya out.

Hey does anyone know the person we would need to get in touch with?  there seems to be a few options for leaving messages and we'd like to have the logistics worked out asap.

If not there is a airport in beloit... but we'd need a lift or a cab ride over, (looks like about a 10min drive) much easier just to fly to the track.  TIA

Timmay
CCS GP/ASRA  #85

Jan

815-389-2000 ask for Cindy. Pm me you're phone number if you cannot get a hold of her.

Eric Kelcher

Quote from: Burt Munro on September 22, 2008, 08:50:47 PM
Hey Tim......

Rick, good thing it is not a track meet with hurdles.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Burt Munro

Quote from: Eric Kelcher on September 25, 2008, 12:36:31 PM
Rick, good thing it is not a track meet with hurdles.

Whatever you heard never happened.

(Unless you have pictures!)   :ass: