News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Valentino Rossi's '07 MotoGP bike in a hotel parking Garage!

Started by YellowRacer, September 17, 2008, 03:16:04 PM

YellowRacer

CCS #131 AM

How do they do it?
Why do they do it?
Riding, and crashing, and riding, and winning
And always faster, and faster, and faster!
     - Faster

Jeff

*wow* I can't believe they would just leave it there unsecured...  I'd have been too afraid to touch it for fear of being shot...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

zeroice

Thats awesome. My buddy saw this same bike at a truck stop. I totally thought he was BS-ing me and that it was a replica. I gotta find a link to my buddies pictures... Will post shortly.

How funny...
Krishna A. Pribadi
CCS #707

kl3640

That cannot be Rossi's bike...nowhere in those pics do I see turn signals or switches, high-beam switch, or a horn button.  Would one of the biggest teams in MotoGP really skimp just to save a few dollars on such things?  Do they really expect Rossi to use hand signals when he's about to stop or make a turn?  There aren't even any headlights...how can he ride a night???  I say that it's just a very clever copy, but they unfortunately forgot some of the details... :) :) :)

In all seriousness, that's very, very cool.  That's one of those stories where nobody believes you until you pull out the pictures.  I'm glad that those guys had the balls to lift off that cover and take the pics...twice no less!

speeddeemn

That was actually my post on the Kawiforums.  I've been a member here for awhile, but I'm mostly a lurker here since I just began doing track days this summer.

MELK-MAN

incredible. Glad you took some photos of that bike. What a work of art!!
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

r1owner

Cool pics!  I saw that thing going thru the pits and thought WTF!

I can't believe the bike even has a VIN (of some sort) stamped on the frame.... is that for contingency purposes? ;)

speeddeemn

Here is a video documentary of the Italian guys hauling that bike with the Fiat from New York to Indy.  The link below is to one of the 4 videos.  Once you are on the page, the other videos are below the one playing.

http://www.deejay.it/dj/multimedia/dettaglio/type-V/idMedia-2184/New-york:-Albertino-incontra-vale

kl3640

Quote from: speeddeemn on September 17, 2008, 10:58:31 PM
That was actually my post on the Kawiforums.  I've been a member here for awhile, but I'm mostly a lurker here since I just began doing track days this summer.

Hey, thanks for sharing...that'll be a good story to tell around the paddock for years to come!