News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Introduction

Started by TrueIce, September 16, 2008, 11:46:04 PM

LilJayRR

As far as I konw, none of the manufacturers other than Buell pay as an AM, only EX. You can win contingency as an AM, and it all helps. But unless you are one of the top 4 or 5 you really dont have a shot at any of it. The potential is there tho. And that makes it interesting.

At least you have time to figure it out before next season and prepare for it.

Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic
2007 GTU Team Challenge Champions!
2009 ZX6R RnR Cycles, Repsol, Dunlop, Woodcraft

Super Dave

I purchased a new GSXR750 many years ago for my first bike in late August.  Fell down in October, and it had to be repaired.  Next time I rode it, it was on a race track in April.  The rest is history.

Track days are track days.  It's a track day mentality, not a racing mentality.  Throwing bullets compared to shooting them, the next analogy.  If you're gonna do a track day or four, do it only to get over some of the sensory overload that comes with being able to go as fast as you can handle...or not...LOL!
Super Dave

chaplain220

John, lets get some bullets in your hand!  Oct 12th is a track day at Jennings, primarily street riders, but there will be a few racers there and you should come hang with us, check out the bikes and how we prep them, meet some of da boyz, ask and learn.  I know from the local forums, a lot of riders who are also interested in racing will be there as well, so its a good opportunity to make some friends.  We will not however, let you get near any racing leathers and sit on a bike at the same time, this will cause an uncontrolable twitching in your right wrist, an autonomic extension of your knee, which will eventually leave you in a permanent "tuck" position rambling on about tire money with a slight bit of drool. 8)  Shoot a pm.

cold

Talk to Brandon at ridersurance.com for you insurance issues and questions.  He rocks :cheers:

TrueIce

I'll check into ridersurance.com.  Thanks

Chaplain and KL just wanted to make sure you received a pm from me as I'm not 100% sure it worked.

If you didn't chaplain to make it short I'm tied up that weekend unfortunately.  You can definitely count me in next time.  Hopefully everyone will be going again in a month or two and I'll be in for sure.  Thanks for the invite though.   

kl3640

Quote from: TrueIce on September 25, 2008, 01:05:26 AM
I'll check into ridersurance.com.  Thanks

Chaplain and KL just wanted to make sure you received a pm from me as I'm not 100% sure it worked.

If you didn't chaplain to make it short I'm tied up that weekend unfortunately.  You can definitely count me in next time.  Hopefully everyone will be going again in a month or two and I'll be in for sure.  Thanks for the invite though.   

Yes, I r'cvd your PM.