News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Winter racing in Arizona!!!!

Started by schpreck, March 19, 2003, 05:04:10 PM

schpreck

Just recieved this message from Mark Weiss of T.E.A.M. Arizona....

"We ARE working on a winter racing series. We'd begin when CCS ends. Our season would finish in the spring, as CCS picks back up again.

You can bet that as long as I am involved there will be a place to run dinosaurs.

Are you racing AHRMA at Firebird at the end of the month? You should!

Mark"

at least one of the tracks hosting this series will be the all new track, Arizona Motorsports Park  (www.Arizonamotorsportspark.com)

I would imagine they will run Firebird, too...but no real confirmation has been made on that one.  Is anyone else as excited about this as me?!

dryheat

That would be so great! Sign me up!

I'm looking forward to this weekend as TEAM Arizona is having a trackday (the first one) at the new track (Arizona Motorsports Park).

It would be nice if this new race league would start end of Sept, early Oct and finish in late Mar and race every 3 to 4 weeks. That could get us 7-9 races. Cool.

Possible names..?..?

ARS or ARRS (Arizona Roadracing Series)
SRA or SWRRS  (Southwest Roadracing Series)
SWRC (Southwest Roadracing Championsip)

Reagardless of what it's called, this could be cool.

h8mondays

Even though I'm not in AZ, I'd be up for something like this.  NV doesn't have anything that resembles a league and probably never will.  I know that a couple friends of mine who race CCS SW would be interested as well.  Keep us posted.

Litespeed

That would be awesome if it were to happen.  I'm sure we would likely see some people from other areas showing up as well to get a head start on teh season.

Decreasing_Dave

Litespeed

Just let us know what we can do to help.  I will be out at the new track this weekend and will hopefully come back with some great things to say about it.

lightweightgp

after we think of a name for the AZ Winter Race Series, we need to come up with a good name for "the new track"   .   We could just call it Amp, or A-M-P, but that doesn't flow right.  Luke Track?  Falcon Raceway?  Not-Firebird?   Wayne's backyard?