News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

MotoGP3

Started by TZDeSioux, March 19, 2003, 10:46:18 AM

TZDeSioux

Does it come out today or what? Anyone get it yet?

chris_chops

did you beat that 7.646 yet, poser?

TZDeSioux

Quotedid you beat that 7.646 yet, poser?

7.646?? You're kidding right? Don't post anything on here or talk to me unless you get into the 6's you fuggin chump!

TZDeSioux

anyways.. I hear that you can actually move the rider independent of the of the bike in MotoGP3. You can also use the rear brakes! My wife is picking it up for me today.... I can't wait until I get home! :D

MightyDuc Racing

MotoGP 3 funds have been re-allocated to my damn motor repair. :P
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

harb990

I'm off to best buy after work to look for it - I don't even have a P2, yet - but thats what friends with only shooter/strategy games are for    ;D

harb990

QuoteDoes it come out today or what?

I stopped at Best Buy on my way home last night - I was told they would have it on the 22nd (Saturday)

TZDeSioux

wife got me a copy yesterday. It's pretty good. Has all the riders from last year. The fourstrokes sound pretty ruthless. It's freaking loud compared to the 500s. Some of the challenges are pretty cool. The rear brake really does help control some of the slides and you can prevent yourself from highsiding to the moon by applying the rear brakes. The cockpit view is almost impossible. I tried it for a while then got frustrated so I switched back to the default view.

tigerblade

QuoteThe cockpit view is almost impossible. I tried it for a while then got frustrated so I switched back to the default view.

"thingypit"

LOL!  BBS auto-edit strikes again!   ::)
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

TZDeSioux

lol... I didn't catch that   ;D

tigerblade

None of the stores have MotoGP3 here yet.   ::)
Younger Oil Racing

TZDeSioux

tigerblade.. where are you from? Here in Chicago.. funcoland got it yesterday morning. Electronic Boutique is getting it today. and Bestbuy does have it but wont release it until saturday.

tigerblade

I'm in Columbia, MO.  Checked Circuit City and Toys-R-Us at lunch and it wasn't in.  I'll check Electronics Boutique after work (as much as I despise the mall, eww....).  
Younger Oil Racing

rick

Road Racing World already bought a copy and did a review of it.

r6_philly

I bought a copy last night, it was shipped yesterday.

The multiplayer mode is fun, as 4 players can link up and enter the same race and race against each other and the computer components.

The best part about this game is you can switch to 16:9 aspect ratio, so it plays great on our wide screen projection tv  ;D

I don't quite like the controls, where you have to choose a brake/throttle combination, none of which I liked. I always set the brake and throttle to different hands in other games, and it kinda sucks that I can't do the same here.

Wish it was as complex as WSB game for the PC, you know, with settings and qualifying and stuff.  but this was an arcade game, and it is to be more fun than simulation. Overall I am really happy with it, I think I will have hours of fun by myself, or with a few friends. But the wait for a real racing sim still continues...

TZDeSioux

R6_Philly... MotoGP2 had the 16:9 option as well. It does indeed look good on my widescreen  ;D

sdiver68

How do 4 players "link up"?

Not via the intenet i assume  >:(
MCRA Race School Instructor

tigerblade

Picked up my copy yesterday.  Pretty fun so far.  
Younger Oil Racing

TZDeSioux

QuoteHow do 4 players "link up"?

Not via the intenet i assume  >:(

nah.. no internet play. 4 player via the optional multi player module thing.

Super_KC124

Brian, If you'd spend less time playing games and more time calling customs, you'd have your bike by now. :P :P

Dawn

QuoteBrian, If you'd spend less time playing games and more time calling customs, you'd have your bike by now. :P :P

Ooooo  Kevin...

That hurt.

Dawn   ;)

TZDeSioux

QuoteBrian, If you'd spend less time playing games and more time calling customs, you'd have your bike by now. :P :P

I suppose you're right. Ever tried talking to some of these cutoms guys? It's an exercise in futility my furry friend. Besides, you can never get passed Mauricio who answers the phone anyway. :)

TZDeSioux

QuotePicked up my copy yesterday.  Pretty fun so far.  

did you go to the mall and get it at electronics boutique? :D

tigerblade

Quotedid you go to the mall and get it at electronics boutique? :D

Don't rub it in.  I had to take two showers when I got home to get rid of the smell of plastic commerce.   :P
Younger Oil Racing