Ninja 250 cup

Started by GIGOLO, September 06, 2008, 02:18:35 AM

GIGOLO

I have heard from people that out in california they have a ninja 250 cup.  I would like to know what it would take to get to race the hottest bike this year to a C.C.S. event.  I bought it for my wife, but that little thing is so much fun.  I guess I am also asking is it legal for any existing classes?  Then probably the hardest part .......................convincing her that I wont crash it  :rollseyes:

LilJayRR

The better question, would it be competitive in any current classes.
Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic
2007 GTU Team Challenge Champions!
2009 ZX6R RnR Cycles, Repsol, Dunlop, Woodcraft

GIGOLO

Well thats kindof the issue, whats the horsepower average for the 250 class now?  I think it only has like 28-30 hp

roadracer162

It might be competitive against the DRZ400
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

kl3640

YellowRacer

If you live anywhere close to Kansas City their is group of guys that are really thinking about racing some Ninja 250's.

http://www.kcsportbike.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41205
CCS #131 AM

How do they do it?
Why do they do it?
Riding, and crashing, and riding, and winning
And always faster, and faster, and faster!
     - Faster

Super Dave

A 125 GP bike would really end up being more cost effective option that would be competitive in some CCS classes, in addition to opportunities in USGPRU.

California ideas often are pushed by the manufacturer ideas because they are located there.
Super Dave

GIGOLO

In light of recent events (my wife saying fuck no you are not putting my bike on a racetrack),  :wtf: I might be looking at a small cc bike to race in the off season.  My 1000 is fast but its a lot of work.  I still have the power of whos name is on the title, but I wont play that card if I dont have to.  :spank: I still have awhile to convince her that I wont crash it.  Additionally there is one more race weekend to prove to her that I can keep a bike on two wheels, or not.  I think I actually went reverse of the proper way to start racing.

Spooner

Trust me-if you race your ninja 250 with us KC guys you will crash.  Probably a lot.
CCS Expert #172
'04 R6

Andi

A few of us have gotten pretty good at crashing lately...