Red Flag Fund Auction - Thank you!

Started by Jeff, August 25, 2008, 02:36:02 PM

Jeff

Folks,

Thank you ALL so much for your participation in the 2nd Annual Red Flag Fund auction this last weekend.  I should have total $$$ numbers this afternoon, but it's looking around $13k totally, and that is awesome.

I put up an "INPUT" thread here:
http://www.ccsforum.com/index.php/topic,21311.0.html

Please take a look and let us know how we did.

One item which I do want to discuss with everyone pertaining to subsequent auctions/parties is making sure everyone remains respectful to the facilities and each other.

During the auction, apparently a couple of bikes were placed in the Woman's bathroom.  BHF did not take kindly to this.  They spent a LOT of money on renovations to the track and facilities.  In the event of any damage, CCS can be held liable and fined $500 per instance + damages.  There was no damage and BHF did not levy any fines, HOWEVER, if they would have, it could lead to us not being allowed to have our auctions/events again.  OR worse, your donated money going to pay for fines.

Now, before you get all excited and say "it wasn't me", "that's stupid", "what does the Red Flag Fund have to do with it?!?", understand that we put on an event that people attended.  There was a LOT of beer served there.  People may have acted out because of that.  That's the link...

In short, the bottom line is that during any RFF events, and even when there aren't, keep the practical jokes down to your own pit and even then, do so with caution.

So anyhow.....  We had a great event, and I want to thank everyone who donated items, donated for beverages, bought items, food, beverages, helped out at the auction, or just all in all wished us well.  We couldn't do this without you!!!

Thanks again.

-Jeff
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

EX_#76

Quote from: Jeff on August 25, 2008, 02:36:02 PM
Folks,

Thank you ALL so much for your participation in the 2nd Annual Red Flag Fund auction this last weekend.  I should have total $$$ numbers this afternoon, but it's looking around $13k totally, and that is awesome.

I put up an "INPUT" thread here:
http://www.ccsforum.com/index.php/topic,21311.0.html

Please take a look and let us know how we did.

One item which I do want to discuss with everyone pertaining to subsequent auctions/parties is making sure everyone remains respectful to the facilities and each other.

During the auction, apparently a couple of bikes were placed in the Woman's bathroom.  BHF did not take kindly to this.  They spent a LOT of money on renovations to the track and facilities.  In the event of any damage, CCS can be held liable and fined $500 per instance + damages.  There was no damage and BHF did not levy any fines, HOWEVER, if they would have, it could lead to us not being allowed to have our auctions/events again.  OR worse, your donated money going to pay for fines.

Now, before you get all excited and say "it wasn't me", "that's stupid", "what does the Red Flag Fund have to do with it?!?", understand that we put on an event that people attended.  There was a LOT of beer served there.  People may have acted out because of that.  That's the link...

In short, the bottom line is that during any RFF events, and even when there aren't, keep the practical jokes down to your own pit and even then, do so with caution.

So anyhow.....  We had a great event, and I want to thank everyone who donated items, donated for beverages, bought items, food, beverages, helped out at the auction, or just all in all wished us well.  We couldn't do this without you!!!

Thanks again.

-Jeff

There is no need for any denial.  I and an unnamed accomplice hid Ed's race bike in the bathroom.  It has been sort of a tradition to pull a prank on him on the auction weekend.  I was totally sober at the time, so it had nothing to do with being overserved by anyone.  We were extremely carefull not to damage anything while we were entering the bathroom area.  The security personnel talked to us when they found out about the prank.  The situation was rectified immediately.  I certainly did not expect that reaction from the security personnel and I am sorry if it reflected poorly upon the Red Flag Fund or CCS.  I can certainly understand BHF's position and apologise to BHF, CCS and the Red Flag fund for any reflection my actions may have had on either of your organisations.  I will no longer participate in any more practical jokes during the auction.  The entire act was meant to be a harmless practical joke.  No buildings or motorcycles were damaged during the making of this joke.  If any fines or damage occured, please direct the bills to me and I will take care of them.

Guy  Bartz
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

GIGOLO

I will have to charge $5 for my gas, as I had to drive my wife to turn 2 so she wouldnt have to pee in a bathroom with weirdos and a motorcycle in it.  You can make a check payable to GIGOLO Inc.

Oh and Jeff that was great auction, lots of fun, but I would tan before wearing a shirt like that.

weggieman

There were many other stalls to choose from. No one was put out during the process of this practical joke so your request is denied.

Although i was not involved in the commitment of this joke ( OK, maybe I held the door open while someone else put a pit bike in), I did volunteer to help rectify the situation when it became clear there was a problem.

Damn, it's getting so you can't have any fun at these things anymore.  :wtf:

Good job with the auction Jeff.

Burt Munro

It was nice of Ed Key to donate his pit bike to the auction.   I never realized how generous a guy Ed really is.   I had no idea it would bring a bid of $8000!!   :thumb:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

weggieman

You obviously missed Dave Doe's bid of $14K........

Burt Munro

Damn, I was upset when I thought I only got outbid by $1000.......

Now I'm really pissed because it was actually $7000 !!!!!!
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Jason748

Wish I could have been there... :banghead: Glad it went well Jeff  :thumb:
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com