News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Looking for feedback on Carolina Motorsports Park

Started by Silver_Surfer, April 26, 2002, 09:55:43 AM

Silver_Surfer

I'm headed to CMP next week for the first time.  I'd love to hear some thoughts on the track and facility. I'd also appreciate some directions to the track itself.  Good ol' Mapquest gets me to 521N towards Kershaw, but I can't find any details once near Kershaw.  

Thanks in advance.

MORGAN#721

Carolina is a point & shoot track not real technical.
It has a short straight before turn 1 and has another straight with a high speed kink.  The track itself is pretty nice but not the quality of course as V.I.R.  

skimp

Point and shoot and brake! The only thing missing at cmp is a couple of traffic lights. The corner workers are exactly that. One stop and go corner after another. Only two really sweet turns to accellerate through and I forgot where one of them is, at least for corner cowards like myself. Pass alot breaking, get past back on the gas. That's the way I like to do it. On a good day I can work my way to the back in 4 laps or less. I woudn't be surprised to see the corner workers with stop and slow paddles at the next race.

SVT

Silver Surfer,

Next weekend will be my first trip to CMP also.  There is a lap of the track at:

www.cornerspeed.net

go to the pictures page and it shows you on bike footage of a lap.