2009 rule change request

Started by Garywc, August 21, 2008, 09:49:35 PM

xb9racer

what about a super single class like WERA  has?

roadracer162

Quote from: xb9racer on September 29, 2008, 10:42:47 PM
what about a super single class like WERA  has?

I think that was absorbed into the Ultra light due to lack of participation.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

xb9racer

now with sv's in ultra lite, seems stupid. But I guess if there's a lack of entries. Would be worth a look though. I plan on running a motard next year. would be nice to stand at least a half a chance!

Ducmarc

damn you did come to the dark side mark . of course those ain't stock bikes barnes luck and marco are riding either ducati allows you to buy all the trick parts with a bank loan instead.  as far as barrett he is on an R they bought it to ride ama superbike then found out it wasn't legal.so they turned their attention to club racing for the rest of the year. as far as his riding ability he qualified as a wild card in the GP 250 race at indy yes on the last row but on an antique yamaha.  to bad they  got rained  out .if you need any help on the duc pm me  marc

honda60071

Does anyone know if they have thought about doing away with the heavyweight or unlimited  and just having a 600 class and 1000 class and making it a longer sprint race like 8 to 10 laps ?
Shawn

Super Dave

Quote from: honda60071 on October 05, 2008, 03:01:36 PM
Does anyone know if they have thought about doing away with the heavyweight or unlimited  and just having a 600 class and 1000 class and making it a longer sprint race like 8 to 10 laps ?
Something like that has been asked for years and years and years, even if it was just for experts, and it's been shot down year after year.

Longer races and fewer races would require an increase in entry fees, and it appears that many aren't interested in that often.  This is probably made reasonably obvious by not a lot more entries in a lot of the ASRA classes that have qualifying opportunities in addition to their races being longer and a purse.

I will be one of the first to say that with the recent insurance problems with AIG and other issues on the stock market, I would speculate that our entry fees will have to increase in 2009 because of increased race day insurance.  I'm not saying it's going to happen, but I think that it's probably a good possibility that we as racers will have to start planning for already as CCS and other organizations can only absorb so much. 

Super Dave

redlinepilot

Steve Guanche
CCS Florida, EX # 15
Palmetto Motorsports, Motul, Dunlop & Shark Helmets

I've been reading all the posts and threads addressing the equipment disparity in F40 this year. I have been racing this class for 11 years and the last ten years were great as a Super Sport Class. The issue was realized for me as soon as the class was bumped up to Super Bike Class and rules. We have racers that do have the means to acquire cost prohibited 1098's and it's not just the bike but Florida has a good handful of racers that are previous Champions in other Premier Classes and have now turned 40.

So not only do they have big bucks they are also fast! What was the most interesting statistic is in the last several years is racers upgrading their 600's (R6,etc) and doing well in F40 as the class population has truly grown with average fields 4 to 5 rows deep. The flood gate did not open till the rules changed to Superbike spec. Having said that, I too have spoken directly to Eric @ CCS to discuss the matter and I received a well polished response to submit my written recommendation for consideration.

CCS is not considering a SPEC Class of any kind at this time. Significantly changing a class that was intended for mature journeyman level racers with costs that relate to a Super Sport program to a Superbike level, it obviously raises your operating budjet by far and eliminates any expectation to challenge class leaders if you intend to race all year.

In essence, if you can't afford the equipment allowed (1098's) in the class or the the cost to maintain it, the disenchantment is that you have just been knocked out of the Gentleman's Premier Class and have to find a Light Weight Class bike that suits you...not. For those of us that are more well intended, let's get together to get our Gentleman's class back the way it was, there was nothing wrong with it.
Steve Guanche
Ex # 15 FL

roadracer162

Quote from: xb9racer on October 01, 2008, 06:54:11 PM
now with sv's in ultra lite, seems stupid. But I guess if there's a lack of entries. Would be worth a look though. I plan on running a motard next year. would be nice to stand at least a half a chance!

I know what you mean. It will cost you lots to be competitive but you can be. David Gaviria on his CRF450 was lightning fast and could run on the shorter tracks such as Jennings and did very well against the fastest SV riders of the Flroida region. I could nbever keep up with him on my FZR600 except for once which was one of my best races and when I clocked my fastest lap at Jennings GP. Daytona is another story.

Truthfully I believe the Ducati 800 and SV650 are truly lightweight bikes and should not have been in the Ultralight class. The Duc 1000 DS and Bimota should have been restricted from running Lightweight Supersport and allowed in the GP and Superbike classes. Just my thought.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

roadracer162

Quote from: redlinepilot on November 01, 2008, 06:20:58 PM
Steve Guanche
CCS Florida, EX # 15
Palmetto Motorsports, Motul, Dunlop & Shark Helmets

I've been reading all the posts and threads addressing the equipment disparity in F40 this year. I have been racing this class for 11 years and the last ten years were great as a Super Sport Class. The issue was realized for me as soon as the class was bumped up to Super Bike Class and rules. We have racers that do have the means to acquire cost prohibited 1098's and it's not just the bike but Florida has a good handful of racers that are previous Champions in other Premier Classes and have now turned 40.

So not only do they have big bucks they are also fast! What was the most interesting statistic is in the last several years is racers upgrading their 600's (R6,etc) and doing well in F40 as the class population has truly grown with average fields 4 to 5 rows deep. The flood gate did not open till the rules changed to Superbike spec. Having said that, I too have spoken directly to Eric @ CCS to discuss the matter and I received a well polished response to submit my written recommendation for consideration.

CCS is not considering a SPEC Class of any kind at this time. Significantly changing a class that was intended for mature journeyman level racers with costs that relate to a Super Sport program to a Superbike level, it obviously raises your operating budjet by far and eliminates any expectation to challenge class leaders if you intend to race all year.

In essence, if you can't afford the equipment allowed (1098's) in the class or the the cost to maintain it, the disenchantment is that you have just been knocked out of the Gentleman's Premier Class and have to find a Light Weight Class bike that suits you...not. For those of us that are more well intended, let's get together to get our Gentleman's class back the way it was, there was nothing wrong with it.

I am with ya Steve. Superbike for the Lightweight F40 and Supersport for the Heavyweights. But Marco and Greg will be fast on anything they run even in supersport form.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

banzai1

Shit! And I'm building a superbike motor for the zook!
This talk of supersport rules might keep me away.

redlinepilot

Quote from: roadracer22 on November 01, 2008, 07:03:08 PM
I know what you mean. It will cost you lots to be competitive but you can be. David Gaviria on his CRF450 was lightning fast and could run on the shorter tracks such as Jennings and did very well against the fastest SV riders of the Flroida region. I could nbever keep up with him on my FZR600 except for once which was one of my best races and when I clocked my fastest lap at Jennings GP. Daytona is another story.

Truthfully I believe the Ducati 800 and SV650 are truly lightweight bikes and should not have been in the Ultralight class. The Duc 1000 DS and Bimota should have been restricted from running Lightweight Supersport and allowed in the GP and Superbike classes. Just my thought.

Mark

You know Mark, I seen you and Scott Robertson for years chasing me down with true heart. Then Scott got rid of his stable of SV's and upgraded to his DS. On my best days I'm a top 5 finisher, on my worst I'm top 10. Overall if I make a mistake of any kind Scott will pass me with one or two laps to go deep into the HW Class. I never cared if he went by simply because he was not in my class but the fact the his machine and him could run me down and pass a GSXR 750.....that's not a LW bike.      Steve
Steve Guanche
Ex # 15 FL

roadracer162

Well Steve, I know your meaning. Scott and I have been pretty equal but I do think that he has a little more skill than me. There are many more that are much faster than I. Chris Boy comes to mind. I have found that my stock FZR600 was very equal to the SV. Once I built the FZR motor, so did Scott on the SV and found they are pretty equal there too. I also believe that the built FZR600 is pretty equal to the stock Ducati 1000DS, but it is no competition for the Superbike DS, or Bimotas of the lightweight class.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22