Need help at BHF this weekend, please

Started by kl3640, August 20, 2008, 11:58:45 PM

kl3640

I need some help for this Sunday's Team Challenge event @ BHF in the Solo Class - I need someone (over 18 years old) to either man my pit-stall, or I need someone who is also participating to allow me to share their pit-stall, and to lend me a hand when I make a pit-stop.  Two people would be ideal (as one is required to man the fire extinguisher), but in a pinch I could do either the fuel or the fire extinguisher so long as someone is there to help me with putting the bike on a stand and handling the gas or the extinguisher.

I have all required equipment (canopy, chairs, fuel jug, cooler w/ drinks, etc.), I just need at least one, preferably two, extra set(s) of hands.

I'll greatly appreciate any help.  Please PM me if you can help, and include your phone # and/or how I can find you on Saturday.

Again, thanks in advance for any help!

tstruyk

if I dont end up riding I'd be happy to help you out... should know here soon if I'll be needed.  I wont be getting to the track until saturday night, but just come by the RoadRacePrep.com box truck and ask for Tim (I'm the bald guy) White plate 575.

If you offer cigarette's and beer I bet you could get Kyle to help out too!   :biggrin:
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

backMARKr

Great Tim...Kyle's trying to cut back and you are some big help :wtf:

nice avatar btw :thumb:

KL ---- if there is anything the RRP crew can do to help, please let us know. :biggrin:
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

kl3640

TSTRUYK, thanks for the offer.  I will look for your Saturday evening to find out if you'll be available or not.

Also, if anyone else is willing to help out, in case TSTRUYK isn't available, or to be the 2nd guy, that would be a huge help.  Thanks!

tstruyk

I would say even if I do ride that you could potentially share space/resources with the team I am riding with, again... I cant speak for them but I dont see it being an issue.  Sounds like RRP guys are willing help either way.

:thumb:

(just make sure you confirm if kyle is smoking menthols or not, he gets cranky if you get the wrong brand  :spank:)

:biggrin:

see you guys saturday night.

hey Mark, get me Kyle's cell number so I can call when I am in route!   
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

kl3640

Hey guys, thanks so much.  RRP crew, I'll look for you and let you know if I have sufficient help to setup my own pit or not.  You Mid-West guys are pretty cool, no matter what anyone says about you :)

r1owner

Tim won't be riding... he hates blackhawk! :)

backMARKr

KL

sorry to say, as of this AM we won't be at BHF ( personal crisis ) and had to pull the plug on the weekend.

good luck with the TC

Mark
RRP
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

kl3640

Hi Mark, too bad you can't come, but thanks for the offer regardless.  I finally con'd a friend in to coming with me, so I will at least have 1 extra set of hands.  Also, thanks for all the offers for help that people sent, I'll get in touch because I'll still need one person on the fire bottle.

This is what I love about the racing community - it's such a great fraternity, with people always willing to help another, on the track or off.

tstruyk

KL, being that I ride thier bike that may mean I am not going as well. still looking into riding in the TC, havent got confirmation yet that I'm needed... slight possibility I'll be heading up there, if you want to PM me your number I can call if I make it up there.  sorry man, best I can do.

Quote from: r1owner on August 21, 2008, 04:22:42 PM
Tim won't be riding... he hates blackhawk! :)

yeah, me and BFR are currently in counceling trying to "work out our differences", its gotta be a 2 way street though!  :biggrin:
CCS GP/ASRA  #85

kl3640

Hey everyone, thanks for all the offers of help...that's what I love about the racing community, is that people are always there for each other.

In the end, I had two friends come with me, but they rode in the Solo Challenge.  One of them knew the folks from a team called The James Gang, and they let us pit next to them and helped us out tremendously, so I just wanted to say here, A BIG THANKS TO JAMES GANG FOR THEIR HELP THIS WEEKEND!

dylanfan53

You landed on your feet with them.  They're good peeps.  :thumb:
Don Cook
CCS #53