NO Factory Superbike in AMA

Started by ktd, August 18, 2008, 04:47:17 PM

ktd

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=33706

Edit note by spyderchick: Removed text as Mr. Ulrich has a strict no copy and paste policy. The link should be sufficient. Thanks for your understanding. 

ronhix

Quote:  "They're not going to have $80,000 forks on them".

I like that, cause I don't have $80,000 to spend on forks.  Of course, I'm too slow to use them if I could buy them.   :thumb:
Ron Hix
Hix Racing #975

2010 Partners - Hawkeye Superbikes - Trackdaystore.com - Dunlop - Ohlins - Arai - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Ayden Lee Leathers - Vesrah - SIDI - GP Tech - NESBA - CLSB

Russell2566

Anyone have a trumpet?

You know so we can play taps for Professional Motorcycle Road Racing in America... Deep down everyone has known bad stuff was going to happen with DMG...

Super Dave

Sorry to break the news, but professional motorcycle racing was at its best probably from the 50's to the early 70's.  Purses then were more than the one's now by substantial margins.  Twenty guys could have the chance to win rather than two.  The change was probably thirty years over due.
Super Dave

unter_kid

Isn't there some crazy purse money available each weekend?  I thought I remembered reading something like $200k spread over the 4 classes each weekend.

If I'm remembering correctly; sould bode well for some of the front running privateers.
Mike Anhalt

khanson

Ron...you don't need 80K forks...I've got the Traxxion gas charged cartridges that drop into the stock fork leg and do the same thing....
Kevin Hanson<br /><br />www.SafetyFirstRacing.com<br />Safety First Racing<br />847.357.1309

Super Dave

Like the avatar?  For less than $80k?  LOL!   :biggrin:
Super Dave

GSXR RACER MIKE

Remember, that was a new proposed class that would have been based on the basic WSBK rules so the factories could run their WSBK spec bikes here in the US in AMA Pro Racing, the 1000cc Superbike class will still be run twice per event in '09 as of now.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

weggieman

That would be "American Superbike" in which factories would not be allowed to participate.

ktd

Yes from my understanding of the rules they published American Superbike is more like Super stock and for the Privateers

Super Dave

Right, and Factory Superbike was supposed to allow either 2009 WSB or the previously proposed AMA Superbike rules, both of which had apparently had approval from Mel Harris, et al, previously, but they had changed their tune and were moving toward developing the MIC program as early as February of this year with their knowledge of what was happening.
Super Dave