What are decent lap times at Autobahn North?

Started by R1Racer99, August 04, 2008, 02:26:42 PM

R1Racer99

I know CCS used to race there but I'm not sure if they did the North track. I did a trackday and have no idea what kind of lap times I should have been looking for, so what would a fast amatuer/ medium expert be running there on a 600? Thanks.

JonGu

It's been a while but I want to say somewhere in the 1:05 range?
Jon Gu
CCS AM #276
2006 R6 Blue / Black
2003 SV650 Blue / Silver

Sobottka

i was there too and a top 5 am time would probably be 1:07-1:10. i think the track record is a 1:03
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

R1Racer99

I think most of the times I was passed was by you actually, what times were you running? I was running all 10s in the morning and hopefully a little faster in the afternoon before I crashed but my timer stopped working after a couple sessions. My goal going there was to see if I could get up to speed on a new track in a few sessions so I guess that's pretty close for non-race times.

Sobottka

sunday was my first time there since my very first track day in 05, so it was like a new track for me too. i was doing mid 7,s when traffic would allow :banghead:. with more time and fresh tires i think i could do 5's   
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions

PJ

Autobahn North was a fun little track. Kinda sketchy in a few spots, but I actually miss that place!
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

R1Racer99

Yeah for me it was really sketchy in the braking zones off the line, I almost took someone out in the first session because I went to pass and wasn't expecting a washboard, the front wheel was locking and skipping across the bumps, no fun.

Thanks for the info Sobottka, that helps.

Scotty Ryan

Dan Ortega holds the lap record on the North course - 1:03.754
"MMMM - Fork Oil For Breakfast"

61 or 61 X - Which will it be??

R1Racer99

That's also good to know because someone there told me he held the record with a 1:00, I couldn't believe that but I'm glad to hear it's not true. Still unobtainable obvioiusly but doesn't make feel quite as slow.

Spooner427

Quote from: sobottka on August 04, 2008, 04:32:06 PMi was doing mid 7,s when traffic would allow :banghead:.
Sorry Rob, that was me with my chuggin bike that held you up.
Thanks again for your help at the track!!!! I did some research on my trouble and found other people on the 05-06 zx6r complaining of their bikes starting to "buck" which is a good description. The only downside is there is no clear cut fix and none of the fixes are cheap. Seems to be either: main harness, throttle position sensor or ecu. I am thinking throttle position sensor and it isn't when my bike is laid over that is causing it but it is a certain throttle position that does it(not wide open).

Sobottka

Quote from: Spooner427 on August 05, 2008, 05:10:25 PM
Sorry Rob, that was me with my chuggin bike that held you up.
Thanks again for your help at the track!!!! I did some research on my trouble and found other people on the 05-06 zx6r complaining of their bikes starting to "buck" which is a good description. The only downside is there is no clear cut fix and none of the fixes are cheap. Seems to be either: main harness, throttle position sensor or ecu. I am thinking throttle position sensor and it isn't when my bike is laid over that is causing it but it is a certain throttle position that does it(not wide open).
Spooner- post up a thread in the wrenching section asking for help!  :thumb:
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions

roadrashroeser

Having same problem with my 06 rr and it is most likely your bike popping out of gear. Thats the way I see it. dropped my motor and having the gears looked at by 4&6.
Mike Roeser