Holy Red Flags Batman! AMA SBK Race 1 Mid-Ohio

Started by MotoGuy, August 02, 2008, 06:44:53 PM

MotoGuy

Anyone else watching the crash fest in race 1??

Woofentino Pugrossi

Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Eye-p

Wow.

That place is an abomination. 

Check out the pics of Dean's bike on RRW.  Broken in two.
Jason Levitt
Full Spectrum Power
www.speed-cell.com

PJ

That was totally nuts. You had blown engines spewing oil. Ruptured gas tanks catching fire. And how about the guy who supposedly dumped his cooler contents on the bridge and caused Mladin and Hacking to crash?? That has to be the craziest reason for a red flag ever!

Can anyone top that? Locusts? Flood? Earthquake??
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

Burt Munro

The 'rabid' opposum that attacked the cornerworkers at Autobahn North a few years back was pretty odd.

You may not remember that one though Paul.  I see to recall someone rather focused on a clutch lever that was stuck in a tail section.   :kicknuts:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

MELK-MAN

what a crazy race.. Was bummed to see Yates toss it in Race 2.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

PJ

Quote from: Burt Munro on August 04, 2008, 12:02:19 AM
The 'rabid' opposum that attacked the cornerworkers at Autobahn North a few years back was pretty odd.

You may not remember that one though Paul.  I see to recall someone rather focused on a clutch lever that was stuck in a tail section.   :kicknuts:

Oh man, I only wish it was my clutch lever! I rammed my brake lever into the back of Greg Avello so hard that it instantly stoppied me over the top and into oblivion. Yep, I broke the brake lever off in his tail section and it stuck there all the way around on the red flag lap. Doh. Thanks for reminding me.
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

cbr-racer

Yeah me and my buds where at the bridge. We saw water on the track before and I ran over to the workers and told them 3 in a row almost hi-sided. and they said "oh thats how they ride" I was like bit@@ I race and I know how we ride but there is water on the track! she's like we check it before everyrace. then red flag #1 workers run half way to where it was, but it must have dryed cause they didn't go all the way. Had to clean up oil in t11. I kept an eye on the bridge to look for more water, didn't see any until they started  by then it was to late. workers wouldn't give me the time of day .
after the crash they didn't even see the big spot of water on the track til everyone started yelling at them . :wtf:

Glad they don't work Blackhawk
Bill (whisky) http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/whisky
                    http://www.xbux.com/whisky402 

Sponsors: Hazardous Sports, Michelin, EBC
Silkolene, Lockhart Phillips, AGV Sport, Buffalo Wild Wings
Vortex

weggieman

I once threatened to have the workers director tossed out of the track if he didn't get his shit straight. Those people are pretty much useless as corner workers. This was back in the 80's so not much has changed...........

cardzilla

What do you expect from a bunch of car people that are "burdened" with motorcycles.  I watched this race and was shocked at how terrible the workers were... I mean completely useless.  How in the hell do you not notice water pooling up at that point on the track... or maybe spot it dripping in the first place... to hell with that: why isn't the freaking bridge water tight in the first place?  That unexpected loss of grip is the kind of situation that causes major injuries and death.  I also like the guy who refused to put out the bike that eventually burned to the ground.  I can understand not wanting to get in the line of other possible crashers, but the dude who crashed went as far as possible so just go 10 feet further away on your way out to it and put it out!  The combination of bad things I've heard and the bad things I've seen about Mid-Ohio make me glad I've never been there.
Larry Dodson
CCS # 22
2004 Yamaha R1 Superbike

Simon

Quote from: weggieman on August 05, 2008, 07:23:13 PM
I once threatened to have the workers director tossed out of the track if he didn't get his shit straight. Those people are pretty much useless as corner workers. This was back in the 80's so not much has changed...........
Which group is the Safety Crew for Mid-O?
MARRC Cornerworker
CCS AM 48
Always in the gravel, one way or another!
www.marrc.org

Mongo

They use a lot of Lake Erie Communications SCCA peeps filled in with others.  I know a number of them do know how to work bike events.

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
www.wera.com