News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

A note on transponders(to CCS)

Started by cr133r, March 18, 2003, 07:47:08 AM

cr133r

How many of us at Firebird almost forgot about the transponders?  I can at least say I forgot(for a while at least).  With all the rain and unknowns going on, it was pretty hectic.  I only noticed it when I went to load the bike into the trailer.

Anyways, the reason I post...  Since the transponders are a NEW thing to us this year, it'd be nice if CCS made up a HUGE sign that said "Did you turn in your transponder?" right at the exit of the track.  I'd hate for anybody to be penalized(financially) for forgetting.  This simple reminder could go a long way towards helping people not to forget about them.

And maybe it'd be a good idea if they made us turn them in every evening during the weekend.  I don't know too many people that didn't have to recharge the thing Sunday morning.

duc995@aol.com

I forgot to remove mine and had to mail it back yesterday! The sad thing is they didn't help CCS avoid a scoring error on Saturday... worth the trouble?

craigincali

I think the transponders were great!  I love the fact that CCS posted our lap times and overall average. To me, that alone is worth having a transponder !!

As for forgetting them, It is not that hard to remember, and like he said you can always mail it back in.  

I also had to have my transponder recharged, no big deal.  It is not a big inconvienence to me.  I just think they are worth it and am happy to have them.
Craig #124

Dave_Alexander

QuoteThe sad thing is they didn't help CCS avoid a scoring error on Saturday... worth the trouble?

They weren't using the transponders for scoring this weekend.  They were simply testing them to see if they work.  In fact, I never even received one because they were running out by the time I made it through the registration line.  I asked if I needed it during the race and they said no.  They were strictly scoring manually this weekend.

cr133r

Dave is correct. They were hand scoring the entire weekend.  I think it was just a first trial for them(which fortunately they weren't using them for actual scoring).

I think they should put the sign up(so at least a few less of us have to mail them back) and they should also take them back overnight as just a general policy to make sure they stay charged for the entire day of racing.

The next step...  I hope they can implement a web page so we can all look at the lap times after we get home(and the results are posted).  I'd be willing to help them out if they need to technical assistance.  Heck, the data is already there, just need a delivery system.

r6_philly

At FUSA events that I have been to, they always make multiple announcements, plus a sign at the end of paddock to remind you to return the transponders. I suppose they have to get used to doing it at regionals.

Don't worry, they will get it running smoothly. now if you guys remember you have to pay $$$ if you don't return them, maybe you will remember  ;)

Steviebee

does anyone have any pics of the new transponers with pouches ??

How did you mount them ?

Zip ties and a drill ?  

Im going to BHF to race for the first time so i dont have a clue about these things ?

Litespeed

They were plastic clips instead of pouches.  If you go to the main page for www.tz250racing.com you can sort of see it on the back of that bike.  I can take pics of the clip by itself tonight if that will help.

Nate R

PLEASE post pics of the clip. Also, can you put a ruler in a picture or measure the center to center on those holes, as well as their width? I'd like to have the holes drilled already.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

Litespeed

Sure thing, I will try to remember to do it tonight...

r6_philly

are they the same ones that FUSA used last year?

lightweightgp

I would also love it if i could keep the little clip.   it is a royal pain in the arse to remove the entire tailsection to zip tie the thing on there.   I would be happy to but the clip for $10 or something, and just swap out the transponder every weekend.

Litespeed

I kept my clip...all 3 of them actually. They didn't tell me to give them back  :-X.

Litespeed

http://members.cox.net/deepsetil/Images/1978.jpg

There's a pic of the clip...looks like you need two holes up the center of the bike about 2" apart.  I'm going to bolt mine on with fender washers underneath the plastic and lock nuts.

lightweightgp

QuoteI kept my clip...all 3 of them actually. They didn't tell me to give them back  :-X.

i wish i had thought of that....  i asked the tech guys and they said i had to give the whole shootin' match back.     next time i won't  ask!

Litespeed

I think I will keep mine again too, it seems much more convenient.  I didn't see anyone giving them back so I thought nothing of it.  I will also check it to see if there is a part number on them.  Maybe we can just buy them from amb or something.

Decreasing_Dave

When the nice girls at CCS gave me my transponder, they told me that I could keep the clip.  I assumed that they had told everyone that.  I guess it was just for me.  ;D ;) 8)

At the end of the day on Sunday, a couple of them were going around in the pits collecting the transponders from the bikes.  That's how they got mine back.

Litespeed

They probably didn't want to have to see you again.  I remember them going through the pits collecting the transponders, now I'm convinced I get to keep mine.  Does anyone know how much the transponders actually weigh?  I'm thinking about getting a dummy one made so I can keep the weight of the bike consistent.  If probably wouldn't matter much if the bike didn't weigh 150 lbs though :).

Decreasing_Dave

QuoteThey probably didn't want to have to see you again.

That's just wrong!!

Then why were they at my pits, peeking in my windows....huhhh???!!?

;D

davegsxrold929r

Quotei wish i had thought of that....  i asked the tech guys and they said i had to give the whole shootin' match back.     next time i won't  ask!

they should also sell the clips!! even at the vendors trailers ....