Ultra light superbike.. is this legal?

Started by G-reg, July 30, 2008, 10:38:26 AM

Cowboy 6

Quote from: roadracer22 on September 11, 2008, 11:02:59 PM
Dang it. I was hoping that sooner or later my 2002 GSXR1000 would be eligible for this class also.

Mark

Maybe in 2015...  Of course, it won't be much competition for the 2000cc, 240 lb Buell that will be there as well.
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

roadracer162

Quote from: Cowboy 6 on October 05, 2008, 08:52:10 AM
Maybe in 2015...  Of course, it won't be much competition for the 2000cc, 240 lb Buell that will be there as well.

hhahahahahaha....that is hilarious but so true.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

roadracer162

Quote from: Ducmarc on October 04, 2008, 08:35:46 PM
since this is the ask eric thread how about pre 98 900 ducati's then i can run my old clanker in another sv class

Marc,

Sooner or later it will be and probably sooner, then right behind that the DS1000 will also be allowed.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

Ducmarc

it sure is  getting tough on us cheap guys. it's noy all the differant bikes it's the guys with heavyweight budgets i mean new tires every month  fancy race gas AC in their trailers and sleeping at night in hotels. these guys even buy breakfest no continental bagel for them

Ducmarc

how about a 2000$ buy out class  if a guy wins and you think he spends to much you protest by a buy out we had this rule in street stock you could buy the winners motor for 150 bucks sure kept  the motor department cheap of course that was many years ago or maybe a trade out you could trade with the winner like a top 5 thing if we have that many on the grid.

roadracer162

You and me both Marc. This is the first year that I have spent as much money racing. My usual budget for the year is $5000 but I have blown that out of the water this year.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

Ducmarc

hey marc you comming to daytona for the spendfest  let's see 3 laps practice 5 laps race crash in horseshoe in front of the peanut gallery priceless

roadracer162

Hahahahaha. I am working on it. I am thinking to show up for Friday, Saturday and sunday practice then race on Sunday afternoon. How about you?

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

Ducmarc

thinking of about the same lightweight 40 and thunderbike  fortunately i live 45min from track so don't have to do a lot of planing do have a rs125 that i've been playing with may try it .a couple years ago freddie cortez won the big trophy in am 125 when there was only two of them on the grid and the other guy broke a reed  we gave him a hard time because it was like his 2nd or third race ever and he gets moved to expert just like that  but he still has that trophy on his mantle. and no one asks how my bikes were on the grid.

EX_#76

Quote from: roadracer22 on October 05, 2008, 01:11:35 PM
Marc,

Sooner or later it will be and probably sooner, then right behind that the DS1000 will also be allowed.

Mark

The DS 1000 is legal in LW.  I think it has been for 3 years or so.
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

roadracer162

Yeah the 1000 is. We were talking about the 1000 in Ultralight that some day it will also be included in the lower class.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

Kurlon

So, seeing as the 09 rules have been pushed out there... ULSB still says Pre 99, liquid twin up to 800cc.  Can I go get me an antique 748 and be legal? : )