Wheelie rule in the pits at Blackhawk?

Started by J Farrell / Speed Tech Motorsp, July 28, 2008, 04:14:35 PM

J Farrell / Speed Tech Motorsp

I would like to know that technical ruling on wheelies in the pits at Blackhawk Farms.

I'm trying to understand why CCS has inconsistant rules on that topic.

Some riders are allowed and other riders are not allowed.

I personally was penalized a meatball flag for a wheelie last year while the 2 other riders who were directly behind me doing a wheelie were not penalized.

This season I have seen many many wheelies with no penalites imposed at all. Most of these wheelies I have seen have been much more extravagant than the wheelie I pulled.

When I leave the pits in every race from now on I make sure the front tire does not come off the ground when I go down pit lane fearing I might get penalized again. At the same time lots of other riders are doing wheelies all weekend long.

There needs to be a rule written about this and posted somewhere at this track about that situation. Or wait, is there really not a rule and I was just singled out because of something else?

(Eric from CCS) I would like to see that this gets resolved by the next round at Blackhawk or I will be for sure ripping some wheelies since everyone else is allowed to. If there is on rule and there won't be anything done I would like to see that my entry fee for that round get reimbursed from the race that I was meatball flagged in.

Lets be consistant with our rules. Thats all I ask.
Speed Tech Motorsports / Pirelli / Arai / Silkolene / Kawasaki USA / Farrell Sign & Graphics / Hindle / US Chrome Cylinder Plating / Vortex / Dynojet / Tucker Rocky / Penske / VP Fuels / Woodcraft / Attack Racing Bodies / Stompgrip / EBC / NESBA / Plus my kick ass guys back at the shop

Burt Munro

Jason,

You might want to check with the person pitted directly across from you to see if he made it through the weekend without being assessed a penalty.  End of argument.
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

andrewgore

Nevermind the wheelies, how about the pit speeds?  Out of control.  I know people just HAVE to get places, but come on.  So many kids playing in the trees\dirt around my pit and people cruising around well over 15mph.  Not even the race bikes or pit bikes, but also the cars.  Just a thought.

Andrew

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: andrewgore on July 29, 2008, 12:39:10 AM
Nevermind the wheelies, how about the pit speeds?  Out of control.  I know people just HAVE to get places, but come on.  So many kids playing in the trees\dirt around my pit and people cruising around well over 15mph.  Not even the race bikes or pit bikes, but also the cars.  Just a thought.

Andrew

Andrew, get a description (plate or race number) if possible. I can get a hold of Tom on the radio for ya when you see this happening. Personally I'd like to see it dropped to 10mph. Also really wish the new road between Buell Alley and turn 6a was paved. That area could probably be blocked off to motor vehicles so the kids can ride their push scooters and play without worry of cars or bikes.

Jason, doesnt Bill still say "no burnouts, wheelies, or stoppies" at the riders meetings anymore? But yes I do agree there needs to be consistancy with the enforcement of the rules.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Eric Kelcher

Wheelies and penalties were discussed and consensus drawn at the Road Race Operations Meeting (aka Big Mac);
escalating monetary fines are imposed,
habitual offenders are assessed an on track penalty.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Bitgeist Racing 696

The July race at Homestead they gave us a heads up on how they would no longer give warnings for wheelies and would dole out fines.  Personally I don't mind the winner of a race wheeling across the finish but wheeling in the pit lane when heading out for practice seems a bit much.

steve p

Last I checked, people came to watch people on bikes tempt fate.  Every person I know or have talked to enjoys seeing a nicely executed weelie now and then.  Its not a stunt show however people do get tired of seeing the samo O thing.  If someone has the skills to entertain the crowd why not.  I do realize the safety, danger, blow over/clean up time.  If someone wads is up after hoisting a nice one then punish them.  Of course punishment should be in accordance with style points for said weelie and crashing.
Steve Palella
MW #32
2002 Aprilia RSVR Mille

aflaim

Steve, your signiyure says AM...are you still sandbagin....LOL

spyderchick

Quote from: steve p on July 31, 2008, 06:20:07 PM
Last I checked, people came to watch people on bikes tempt fate.  Every person I know or have talked to enjoys seeing a nicely executed weelie now and then.  Its not a stunt show however people do get tired of seeing the samo O thing.  If someone has the skills to entertain the crowd why not.  I do realize the safety, danger, blow over/clean up time.  If someone wads is up after hoisting a nice one then punish them.  Of course punishment should be in accordance with style points for said weelie and crashing.

I understand what your saying, cuz I like watching victory wheelies, too.

Unfortunately the fact is that we're club racers, not pros, and there is little time in the already crowded day to clean up after someone blows it on a wheelie. You have to take into account the 20 or so guys sitting on hot pit waiting to race who would be sitting for an additional amount of time "cooling their heels" in the hot baking sun during said clean up.

Now you can add the insurance liability if the club were to 'allow' wheelies, even if by silent consent. The sport is expensive enough. No one says you have to like the policy, but at least understand why it's in place.

Sorry to say, them's just reality.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

gntbldr

so all in all one must choose their wheelies wisely. lol

:p haha

spyderchick

Quote from: gntbldr on August 01, 2008, 01:14:13 PM
so all in all one must choose their wheelies wisely. lol

:p haha

Exactly.  :biggrin:

Oh, and don't screw up. Mr. Potato Head is out there.... :ahhh:
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

steve p

I understand the rule and how the insurance co. is always there to put a wet blanket on things.  I personally do not posess the skills required however I do love watching a great victory wheelie.
Just wish they could be a tad more leaniant.
Steve Palella
MW #32
2002 Aprilia RSVR Mille