News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

2007 GSX-R 600 Slipper Clutch

Started by RuschRacing23, July 19, 2008, 03:26:12 PM

RuschRacing23

I know Suzuki has its "Back Torque Limiting Clutch" but how close is that to a slipper clutch, or is it one and thats just there name?

Thanks Everyone!
Ride for Him, Live for Him

CCS Midwest- #3:16 Expert
2007 GSXR 600/ 2001 SV 650

Christian Sportbike Racing
CSBRacing.com

Look for the Red, White, Blue tent

benprobst

Quote from: CSBRacing 3:16 on July 19, 2008, 03:26:12 PM
I know Suzuki has its "Back Torque Limiting Clutch" but how close is that to a slipper clutch, or is it one and thats just there name?

Thanks Everyone!

its just suzuki's name for a slipper clutch. In my experience the real slipper cluthes (yoyodyne, stm, etc...) do work better than the stock supplied slipper cluthes, but the oem parts certainly get the job done.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

RuschRacing23

ahhh i see lol but thanks Ben, also do you know if its adjustable or not?? thanks again  :ahhh: lol

CSBRacing.com

Cowboy 6

Are you thinking of buying Faye's bike?
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

tstruyk

MIght be able to clip a few Y springs and get the slipper to slip more... never got to it on my yamaha, know a few guys that did with mixed results.  Better to just buy a A/M unit and be done with it if it fits the budget.
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

bambam

i believe that you can adjust the tension on the springs for more or less slip. there is a fine line to find between enough and too much.  you will need 2 special tools to adjust it though. ... motion pro  Part # 08-0374     T-Handle, Ball-End Allen, 4mm  and a 12mm l wrench from k&l. you use the allen to hold the adjustment bolt while loosening the jam nut with the l wrench. you then turn the bolt and retighten the nut. i tried to find the wrench on the k&l website but couldnt. any bike shop should have the catalog though.

RuschRacing23

Yeah we just talked it over with her and were buying the bike! I'm super excited even though I'm not riding it this year (Don's new street bike) its all mine next year. But Thanks again everyone for the help!

Eddie

CSBRacing.com