News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Who's watching MotoGP on CBS?

Started by PJ, July 13, 2008, 01:06:44 PM

PJ

It's on...

Who's watching?

Colin Edwards giving a tour of the track right now...
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

Super Dave

I hate rain...

Yeah, I'm watchin'...   :cheers:
Super Dave

PJ

I hate the rain too. But not as much as some people I know... :)
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70

Super Dave

Super Dave

LongDogRacing

is it just me, or did Colin Edwards have his pinky down to the second knuckle in his ear during the interview at the end?
Justin Pennella
CCS Ex #32

Proud supporter of MOTOHICK

MELK-MAN

comentating was pretty good!! GW and KS did a nice job, like the motoGP regular guys but better than the regular Speed guys.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

PJ

Quote from: LongDogRacing on July 13, 2008, 02:03:20 PM
is it just me, or did Colin Edwards have his pinky down to the second knuckle in his ear during the interview at the end?

Yeah, some of these guys could benefit from media training. I was expecting to see Colin start picking his nose next.

On the topic of personal grooming...what's up with Nicky's attempt at facial hair?
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70

bigreid

Quote from: MELK-MAN on July 13, 2008, 02:41:55 PM
comentating was pretty good!! GW and KS did a nice job, like the motoGP regular guys but better than the regular Speed guys.

Really?  I thought the commentary was awful, I'd rather download the Eurosport broadcast and watch that.
GP AM#429

Cowboy 6

Anyone tape it? I was on duty with the Army today and the VCR goofed up. I cam home to watch it and .....

I would love to "Borrow" a copy from someone.
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

gixxer188

Greg White is terrible!  If you're going to be a commentator for a sport in which you yourself participate wouldn't you think you would learn how to pronounce the names of the athletes correctly?  And just because you're on CBS and not EuroSport or Speed you don't have to go into exhaustively long details about every aspect of how and why the riders do what they are doing.
MadisonSBK.com Online Store
MadisonSBK Racing - Owner/Racer
2012 CCS Midwest Regional Formula 40 Champion
2012 Blackhawk Farms Raceway Formula 40 Track Champion

Cowboy 6

Quote from: gixxer188 on July 14, 2008, 11:48:42 AM
Greg White is terrible!  .....  And just because you're on CBS and not EuroSport or Speed you don't have to go into exhaustively long details about every aspect of how and why the riders do what they are doing.

Hey cut him some slack! This is America!  I mean maybe they are working under the assumption that the MotoGP crowd is as "intelligent" (cough, cough) as the NASCAR crowd. They are just giving equal treatment....
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

dylanfan53

I'm curious what the average Joe who isn't as familiar would think.  I thought Greg did a good job, but I get excited (in a good way) whenever I see racing on TV.   :biggrin:

Don Cook
CCS #53

Andi

Quote from: Cowboy 6 on July 13, 2008, 06:57:16 PM
Anyone tape it? I was on duty with the Army today and the VCR goofed up. I cam home to watch it and .....

I would love to "Borrow" a copy from someone.
You can download the full season from www.stephygee.com The most recent race is usually up by the following Wed.

Smy

Does anybody know what happened to Hayden's bike in Assen?  Killing on the last corner.   He's lucky to have only lost one place.

weggieman

MotoGuy

Quote from: Smy on July 15, 2008, 10:31:24 AM
Does anybody know what happened to Hayden's bike in Assen?  Killing on the last corner.   He's lucky to have only lost one place.

Reportedly ran out of dinosaur juice.

tug296

Schwantz is a good splainer, but the pandering to civilians was too obvious.
Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider

tug296

Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider

Cowboy 6

Quote from: Andi on July 15, 2008, 12:51:16 AM
You can download the full season from www.stephygee.com The most recent race is usually up by the following Wed.

Droooool! !!!!! Thanks man!
C6

andrewgore

Wasn't too bad.  At least the video quality didn't look like a High School basketball game on public tv like what the Speed Channel gets.  That and yamaha needs to change their commercial with the stretched out bikes.  ha.

Boober

I was irritated by the commentating to the point I watched almost the entire race with the mute on!  Greg White is a complete F ing moron and Kevin Schwantz is scary looking! I was watching with a friend who doesn`r know the sport and her comments were....Is that guy sick or does he have something wrong with him? (Schwantz) and ....Boy this is cool....if they could put a show together around this sport it would take off!!!!