News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Friday Practice days this year????

Started by tshort, March 17, 2003, 06:18:45 AM

tshort

So are there still going to be Friday practice days before the race weekends?  I can't see anything in the CCS schedules indicating that there are.  
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

spyderchick

Most practice days in the MW are run by the track ownership. If you are unsure, call CCS or the track directly to inquire about dates and pricing.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Nate R

I called BHF. They WILL have Friday Practice before the April weekend. $70 for the practice plus your gate pass.

They told me gates open at 8, practice starts at 9. Is that the same time as past years?
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

spyderchick

Nate, Yes, provided there are corner workers and ambulances in place. We've had to wait a bit in the past for everything to get situated, but you're usually on track by 10AM
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

SlowDragon

Kelley Baker is organizing his own trackdays at Streets of Willow the day before race weekends and Thunderhill generally has its own Friday practice days.

I know all too well about Firebird  :o but does anyone know about Buttonwillow?

Simon
Amateur #105

cr133r

I believe last year Buttonwillow was running their own Friday practices.  I'd assume they will do the same this year.

Simon, thanks again for all you did to get us the track day on Friday at Firebird.  I'm gonna talk to the 'boss' and see if he thinks we can actually schedule one next time around.  Maybe with some lead time, things might go better and nobody will suffer the burden of covering empty slots.

PS  Hope you guys had a safe trip home and I also look forward to doing battle with you guys in the future.

cr133r

Actually, looking at the Buttonwillow schedule, the Fridays before the races are scheduled for open test days...

SlowDragon

No problem on the trackday organization. I enjoy a challenge  ;D

After all the challenges I found it rather ironic that all the laps I did at the trackday (129 laps) caused my brake pads to glaze so I had complete brake failure entering turn 1 on the 4th or 5th lap of the GTO race (sorry Matt!).  Too much practice perhaps  :P

I had recently changed bikes and all the spares I carry, except of course the brake pads, fit the new bike. The Gods of Racing were definitely trying to tell me something.

Anyway, thanks to the guys at BMG Racing my weekend was salvaged - until the storm came in.