News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

njmsp OR millville

Started by levy, July 08, 2008, 09:37:38 PM

mikendzel

The only thing that may help the financial aspect is that it is a 3 day rental.  $100 (or more!!!!) practice fee for friday and figure there will be around 100 guys at the practice day.  That could help....

Or go in on the rental with NESBA, Team Promotion, etc... and have them buy the friday, thereby cutting down the rental cost to CCS.

levy

If it takes $45K to rent the track on a good weekend like summit just had you can cover that and more. Lets say the gate fee is $35 for the weekend and you got 1300 racers not inc. the rest of the people that show up you just got $45.500, that is not inc races . Lets say every racer enters 2 races ball park of another $100 now you got another $130,000 you are up to 175K.I know that there are costs we dont see or know about but how much is reasonable to rent a brand new race track for?
Thank You
www.Hang-Dry.com
Tomer Levy Racer/Owner

LilJayRR

1300 racers? that seems way high to me. I dont think there are that many racers on a race weekend. Maybe 1300 race entries, but that doesnt mean 1 racer per entry.
Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic
2007 GTU Team Challenge Champions!
2009 ZX6R RnR Cycles, Repsol, Dunlop, Woodcraft

Cowboy 6

Quote from: mikendzel on July 09, 2008, 10:56:41 AM
There appears to be a problem with the lack of run off, but evidently some higher-ups in national/international race orgs are being consulted this week about that specific issue.  A friend of the owners says the track is serious about having AMA/DMG and WSBK events there, and they are pretty pissed about club organizations spreading the word that the place is too expensive. 

If they are charging $45,000 for a weekend, how can they justify being pissed about organizations telling the truth. It IS too expensive. Must be the water in NJ...
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

SVbadguy

There are not 1300 racers on a given weekend.   There are 300 or so doing an average of 3 or 4 races.  And that's with the big turnouts.

ktd

Here are some vids I found on youtube

Mongo

1300 riders on a given weekend?  Hahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahaahah!!!!!

Sorry the owners don't like it but Barber is 12k, they're at 15k with a mandatory 3 day rental - that is too expensive for club racing at an unproven track.

I really wish track owners would call us, ccs, ama before they build too.  That would make the runoff stuff a hell of a lot easier to address.  All of us would be more than willing to come and look at plans or even visit during construction.

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
www.wera.com

ktd

Quote from: Mongo on July 18, 2008, 07:27:44 AM
1300 riders on a given weekend?  Hahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahaahah!!!!!

Sorry the owners don't like it but Barber is 12k, they're at 15k with a mandatory 3 day rental - that is too expensive for club racing at an unproven track.

I really wish track owners would call us, ccs, ama before they build too.  That would make the runoff stuff a hell of a lot easier to address.  All of us would be more than willing to come and look at plans or even visit during construction.
It cost me $600 (or even more)to drive to Barber and back. For that reason I will not be there.  I could afford to pay a little more for a MA race that was in the MA.
and..
They don't allow pets so I have to board the dog and take off two extra days of work for driving.  NJMP looks cheap to me with this considered.

not to mention Barber acts like the place is made of gold and we might break it if people camp in the paddock ect ect ect

Mongo

That's great - for you.  Still has nothing to do with the people renting the track being able to pay the bills.  Start increasing entries enough to be able to pay the overall bills and you lose customers.  Then you raise the fees more, and lose more.  It's a catch 22 and just because a track exists doesn't mean it's feasible for club racing.

Sean P. Clarke
www.wera.com

ktd

Quote from: Mongo on July 19, 2008, 03:24:32 PM
That's great - for you.  Still has nothing to do with the people renting the track being able to pay the bills.  Start increasing entries enough to be able to pay the overall bills and you lose customers.  Then you raise the fees more, and lose more.  It's a catch 22 and just because a track exists doesn't mean it's feasible for club racing.

I would say most people in the MA region are in the same situation.  Driving to Barber will cost more than any higher fee that might be charged.  It's a new world when gas gets higher I doubt many will make the long trips.

Mongo

Oh I totally agree with the Barber issue - but that's still not going to change the reaction to higher fees at NJMP. 

Sean P. Clarke
www.wera.com

Cowboy 6

Quote from: ktd on July 18, 2008, 01:54:20 PM
It cost me $600 (or even more)to drive to Barber and back. For that reason I will not be there.  I could afford to pay a little more for a MA race that was in the MA.

+1
If I may add, when did Daytona become the Mid-Atlantic region as well ???

I think we should add Blackhawk Farms or maybe even Sears Point! I mean, they are great tracks and....

Sorry for the sarcasm but the price of fuel has me light-headed...
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com