News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

My 1st ASRA racing experience.

Started by gntbldr, July 08, 2008, 12:23:16 PM

MegRyan

So Scotty is right about how CCS decided to fix their mistake. Now as far as what happened when I pulled up on the grid is this. Eric told me to go ahead and line up on row 2 all the way to the right (making it 5 on a row) Number 116 Russ Wilke ( I may have spelt it wrong) was to be in spot 2D so I went over tp talk to him explaining that this is what Eric told me to do. He was going out for a race and I had explian to whom I would assume to be a crew chief or maybe even his father cuz they where talking last minute stratagies before he went out for the race. I had asked him not to grid up right on the wall plain and simple. I show up for my crazy grid spot and there was someone gridded right along the wall but it wasn't Russ I think it was who ever had the 3rd spot on the grid. When I got there i thought this is too unsafe and i'll just take the spot on row 3 it'll be safer. well then I noticed the 2 board was up and didn't want to get penalized for moving so I just decided to stay and if they were still going to penalize me for my wrrong grid spot I would then protest do to the mistake in the first place. I tried to get Eric to just change the grid and annouce it over the P/A cuz it would have only changed 3 peoples spot other then mine and I knew 2 of them, but he didn't want to do it. As far as the close pass goes, I don't remeber the particular start but after seeing the video clip all I can do is say sorry. The only thing I can think of was that maybe you were jump up far enough to get in my perrifreal and I didn't see you. I honestly don't know what to say.
~Meg Ryan~

gntbldr

Cool. :) Thank you for the explanation of the grid confussion. Knowing all of that now totally makes what happened during the starting drive more understandable and I don't blame you one bit.

I appreciate the appology but I don't feel it was nescessary. My appologies for being a whiney pita is probably more in order and as I mentioned it was just another crazy thing to happen with the whole experience that was the biggest waste of money that I didn't even have. An experience I waited months to have and looked forward to since I found out I was bumped to EX for this season.

Since I haven't gotten any emails back from CCS I decided to just air it all out which is why the thread got created.
Not really looking for sympathy, maybe some empathy (lol), but my intent was to surface how much of a screw up the whole thing was.

Thanks again. I've wanted your input on that tidbit since it happened and I'm sorry that you got caught up in that grid confussion. That just wasn't right. Dangerous too... but that's racing  ;)