News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Crash turn 4 GTO race @ Summit Point Sat 7/5/08

Started by LilJayRR, July 08, 2008, 10:36:10 AM

LilJayRR

If any of you were at Summit this 4th of July weekend you probably know I crashed in Turn 4 and tested out a couple of sections of air fence. I broke my right ankle and got some bumps and bruises but overall I'm good. Its a pretty fast cornor to crash in and usually you don't come out as well as I did. The air fence did its job very well, I honestly didn't think I hit the air fence until the cornor worker told me I had.

I was just wondering if anyone that was in the stands in turn 5 were running video or taking pictures and possibly got it on film... ?

Also, thanks again to the MARRC cornor workers, crash truck, Paramedics and CCS staff etc.. that help me after the crash!!
Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic
2007 GTU Team Challenge Champions!
2009 ZX6R RnR Cycles, Repsol, Dunlop, Woodcraft

Kuala76

:cheers: I saw the whole event and let's just say thank goodness for airfence for real!  Glad it was there for you!!  :cheers:
Kumi
MARRC Corner Worker of the Year 2008
MARRC Vice President 2012
MARRC President 2013

LilJayRR

You and me both!!

There were a few people in the stands right there so I'm hoping someone caught it.

Also, went to the Doc today and he doesnt think it is broken all the way thru. He positioned my foot in two ways that the piece should of moved and and took x-rays of both and it didnt move. I got a "boot/walker" cast that I can take off (for showers) and adjust with air pockets and a pump to make it comfy. I'm already able to put a little wieght on it now and should be able to wobble around in a week or two without the crutchs, and be out of the boot in 4 weeks and good as new in 6 weeks.

I will be back in action in time for the next Summit Point round!!
Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic

mikendzel

bel-biv

Steve #176

www.patriotracing.us
Making a difference through motorsports.

Full Spectrum Power | Innovative Motorcycle Research | Cornerspeed | Orient Express | BG Oil | Online Paddock | On The Throttle

Russell2566

I just got back from the doctor a few minutes ago due to my own crash in T4. Looks like I've got a torn rotator cuff... I'll know more tomorrow as to how severe...

LilJayRR

Quote from: Russell2566 on July 09, 2008, 04:41:53 PM
I just got back from the doctor a few minutes ago due to my own crash in T4. Looks like I've got a torn rotator cuff... I'll know more tomorrow as to how severe...

Did they give you a aprox heal time?

Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic

Russell2566

no, but from my reading online, it's not super quick....

LilJayRR

Well you got like 7 weeks before the next summit round. Hopefully they will have done something about the surface by then.

Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic

2old2fat2slow

Thanks to:Lithium Motorsports, Vondari Racing, Continental Tires of North America, Absolute Cycle, RaceConti,Next Level Motorsports, Mize Mobile, Vortex, Woodcraft

LilJayRR

Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic

Cowboy 6

Quote from: Russell2566 on July 09, 2008, 04:41:53 PM

Man, and I thought you were just whining...  ROFL !  Heal up quick Russ!  Like you said, at least you can still reach the keyboard and make a living.
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

ktd

After your crash I went over and donated to the Air Fence fund!

Simon

Quote from: ktd on July 10, 2008, 12:58:08 PM
After your crash I went over and donated to the Air Fence fund!
Man, I'm glad we put those two extra sections up.
I bitch to myself everytime I put that stuff up, but it was worth every single second it took last weekend.
MARRC Cornerworker
CCS AM 48
Always in the gravel, one way or another!
www.marrc.org

LilJayRR

Its a gift that keeps on giving. I will be donating more again as well.

Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic

LilJayRR

Quote from: Simon on July 10, 2008, 03:17:23 PM
Man, I'm glad we put those two extra sections up.
I bitch to myself everytime I put that stuff up, but it was worth every single second it took last weekend.

A big THANK YOU goes out to all the MARRC people! Its becasue of great people like you guys that we get to do what we do.

Thanks again guys!!!
Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic

2old2fat2slow

Quote from: LilJayRR on July 10, 2008, 03:21:21 PM
Its a gift that keeps on giving. I will be donating more again as well.

Ditto!
Thanks to:Lithium Motorsports, Vondari Racing, Continental Tires of North America, Absolute Cycle, RaceConti,Next Level Motorsports, Mize Mobile, Vortex, Woodcraft

Kuala76

Quote from: LilJayRR on July 10, 2008, 03:26:47 PM
A big THANK YOU goes out to all the MARRC people! Its becasue of great people like you guys that we get to do what we do.

Thanks again guys & GIRLS ;)!!!

Fixed it for you ;)
Kumi
MARRC Corner Worker of the Year 2008
MARRC Vice President 2012
MARRC President 2013

LilJayRR

Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic

chaplain220

Jay, good thinking not to put the new bodywork on!  As far as our crash competition goes, I think this definitely puts you ahead of me.  It's encouraging, (albeit painful), that you've taken some hard hits and keep on going.  Glad the break was not complete, but you and Russ heal up quick.  I was standing near T8 when two bros went down real hard and very fast, ambulance did not end up making transport, so that's good, but I know they are gonna be sore.  See ya in Sept.

LilJayRR

Thanks Art, I cant let you have all the fun of being the one that crashes the most/harderst, and still gets right back up to do it again. Of course until this year Rachel was doing well in this category too. You might have me on broken/dislocated parts at one time tho.  :biggrin: But give me time and I think I might catch up with you there too. I was talking with Bob about making a patch for our leathers. Russ, Bob, and I all have turn 4 in the books, with all of us breaking something. I'm 1/2 way to getting all 10 turns in at Summit, 1,2,3,4, and 10 down only 5 more to go!  :biggrin:

I just had my 2nd Doc apt this morning. Things are going very good. Doctor said I am doing awesome. 1 more week of "the boot" then into a ankle brace. I already have better movement than he expected so early after my fracture. Maybe its from all the xrays I've been getting.  I think I am at 9 so far in the last 10ish days.

Now I have to go buy some new shoes so I can wear this brace since my boots don't have enough room for it. I guess I need more than one pair of shoes anyway.   :lmao:
Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic

Russell2566

At least you weren't wearing your sneakers again  :ahhh:

LilJayRR

:banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

I thought my feet were a little breezy on the out lap..

Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic

mikendzel

HA!!!  I remember that from Memorial Day!  I walked up with some water for you 2 and someone ran up with Jay's boots.

LilJayRR

They are leather as the rule book requires, I just dont think they are 8 inches in height.. They prolly wouldn't pass tech.

Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic