Anyone doing the April 19th trackday at Gateway?

Started by r1owner, March 16, 2003, 06:35:36 PM

r1owner

Bueller?

Super Dave

Thought about it.  Might not.  Would go down to work if someone wanted some schooling arranged at Gateway.
Super Dave

r1owner

Well, I could put you in touch with Neville (in case you don't know him), as I am pretty sure he is the one that is running the trackday down there.

I would love to get some schooling (from an instructor, not you diver or speedballer ;)) at  Gateway.  First weekend in April at BHF is not feasible for me right now, or I'd love to take your school up there.

sdiver68

In order to win a race, one must:
a)
b)
c)
d)
e)  all of the above  

;)
MCRA Race School Instructor

tigerblade

QuoteThought about it.  Might not.  Would go down to work if someone wanted some schooling arranged at Gateway.

That weekend doesn't work for me personally but if you had a school at MAM or Gateway, I'm there!
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

Speedballer347

QuoteI would love to get some schooling (from an instructor, not you diver or speedballer ;))
hahahaha...

I rememeber you leading GTU for several laps, your very FIRST race ever.
Also remember you dusting past me and sdiver, then going after the lead 2 bikes in GTO, your second race ever.
Crash or not, you were blazing for your first weekend 8)
I think after a couple of weekends to put it all together, you would have been taking me and sdiver to SKooL (you kinda already did.....PUNK! :D )

CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

r1owner

Hey, you got your bike back together yet?

I started mine on Saturday night.  It fired up like it had been started the day before  ;D, not like it had been sitting since July 13th 2002 :(

I got on it, and the thing felt almost foreign to me. :(  I guess I should not be playing on the Z50 so much.  :o

Anyways, all I have left to do now, is mount the new rims as soon as I get some tires (ordered last week), fix the bodywork and get it painted.  I am almost ready man!  ;D

Speedballer347

Nah, I am far from ready.
Still gotta get the new frame, and get my cyl-head back, then put the motor back together.
Repairing and painting bodywork too.  Throw my surgery in the mix, and I am waaaay behind scedule ;D

I'm pretty excited about f-i-n-a-l-l-y having a ridable bike again  :) ....
still gonna get my a$$ waxed by the fastguys, though  :P  ::) ....oh well ;D

CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

Steviebee

out of curiosity,  where do you see a listing for track days at gateway ??

I cant find it on there web site.  Can you post a link?

Super Dave

QuoteThat weekend doesn't work for me personally but if you had a school at MAM or Gateway, I'm there!

I won't be renting the track at either track for a school.  I loose enough money at Blackhawk.  I'd be happy to put on something for one to six people at these tracks though during the "practice" programs there.

I know Neville.  We've talked.  Nothing happened.  He has his thing going running a "track day", so that's about it.  
Super Dave

r1owner

Quoteout of curiosity,  where do you see a listing for track days at gateway ??

I cant find it on there web site.  Can you post a link?

Here you go.

http://www.rdr.net/~midwestr/track.html

OmniGLH

Wow.  Expensive, especially if you don't pre-register.

I was planning on making the June 13th date... but with my work schedule, it's a little risky to pre-register and then find out I can't make it.  It's gonna be hard to stomach $155...

I guess I was expecting BHF trackday rates...
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak