News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Am I classless

Started by motard11, March 15, 2003, 11:30:26 AM

motard11

Hi there just found this site and was hopeing for some help! I would like to compeate in ccs but dont know what class to sign up in. I am a trackday guy that would like to try ccs but I have an unusal bike     I ride a motard (cannondale S440) and would like to try roadracimg it. Ypu ma be supprised im not  all that slow but definately a novice That can run with most 600's Does anyone have any ideas on what class I should run Im thinking of April5-6 for my first race (JGP) any comments or advice would be greatly appricated so thankyou in advance  ;)Motard11

Protein Filled

I think you qualify for all the ultralight classes and the all the lightweight clases since it's only a 440 single.

The classes you run depend on how competitive you are, but I would think LW sportsman or Ultralight GP  should be a good place to start.
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

Super Dave

Jennings is pretty quick.  I don't think there will be anyway that you will be able to keep up with a reasonably quick amateur with a Motard bike there.  Even at a smaller track like Blackhawk.  100HP will just run off.

But the smaller classes would be ok.
Super Dave

yamagod

OH, don't be intimidated by those so called "BIG" bikes! 100 HP gets you no where if you don't know how to use it.
Super Singles is the first option (no one ever signs up so you're pretty much guaranteed some wood). Lightweight Superbike and Supersport are also options if you want to run more than 1 class - I finished 4th in lightweight superbike at the last Gateway race on a Husky TE570 after a last place grid position. Horsepower is no match for corner speed (those guys would pull me by half the straight and I could repass them before turn 2).
Just go out and have some fun - I anticipate about 8 Motard bikes at the Blackhawk opener - it should be fun.

Super Dave

QuoteOH, don't be intimidated by those so called "BIG" bikes! 100 HP gets you no where if you don't know how to use it.

LOL!  Well, then why didn't you enter a Middleweight class and then win Lightweight?  
 ;D
Super Dave

motard11

Thanks again for the replys!! but will they have lightweight and middle weight classes at all the ccs races? I wonder if you guys have seen a motard roadrace in goohands  there quick I ride so/so and still turn mid1:30s atmy muchloved Jennings track. I just want go out and atempt to kick ass or get my ass kicked eather way its all good  after all im on just a little dirt bike and  some of you may be in for a hell of a suprize ;)  or not :-X  Are there any other motards willing to go with?   I need help :-/ Always smiling Motard11 ;)

Gumby647

Hey dave,

Why don't you come up to Roebling at the end of the month? There's an open track day on friday and sprint races sat and sun. You can run lightweight sportsman and supersingles both days. That's what I'm planning to do.

If you're going to come I'll even bring my KX and go out and play with you.

oh344ccs

How much do you have to do, in order to get a dirtbike motard ready?  I have a YZF426, that I train riding Motocross on, and I think Motard looks like a blast.  Is there anywhere to get cheap parts for the changeover, I just spend everything on my new 600.

You might also look at racing some ARHMA races, there are always 3 or 4 motards out there.  Plus if you are quick as you claim, you might leave with national roadrace wood. ;D

motard11

Attn; 344    Your 426 would make a gerat motard. Here are some sites motard-usa.com   and motomaster.com  ,   motomaster has everything in stock for the swap ask fot Paul he will hook you up        Tell him Motard11 sent you amd he might give you a discount ;) or not :-X  If you need more help just drop me a line   Motard11 ;)

MightyDuc Racing

There are actually quite a few guys that run the singles classes and lightweight sportsman classes in FL.  I think you'd have a great time at Jennings, but don't expect to run up front in a middleweight class there.  The melk man is running like 1:24 or better on his 600 there and he's an Amateur.  Mid-1:30's will get you competitive in the singles I think, but you better knock off 8 seconds or so to run in GT Lights, LW GP, etc up front.  There are 3 motards usually at the FL events.  They are pretty fast in the twisty stuff.  Good luck and I hope to see you there if I can get my motor fixed in time.  By the way, I run GT Lights and LW GP and expect to be in the 1:26-1:29 range at Jennings.
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Jeff

Just be careful on the classes.  I'm not saying you're slow, but the physical capabilities of your bike need to match the class.  If you can hang in the corners with the bigger bikes, that's great, but if you're 30-40mph slower on the straights, you're setting yourself up for an ass-packing...

I forget the track (Daytona or Brainerd), but a year or so ago, there was a super-mo guy that got killed when two bikes went around him, one on each side and the 3rd bike never saw the dude and punted him...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Gumby647

That guy was out on a ttr125 playing around.  A Proper supermoto is a little faster than a ttr