News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Sponsorship Questions?

Started by heylewy, March 15, 2003, 09:14:41 AM

heylewy

Well first off thanks for any replies I might get. That said; Is it ever too late to ask for sponsorship? Should I' have started sooner? How should I go about it? How do I find out where to ask other than the discount programs? Just ask outright? Like hey I would like to get some free stuff for using your stuff Or is there some special way of going about it?  I guess I'm just alittle unsure about all that. This will be my 2nd  full year of racing. And I'm only a midpack guy at Loudon in the LRRS.(well when the old bike wasn't sucking wind anyway) Got a new bike for this year, hope to do much better. Anyway thanks again.  Shane Lewis  Am# 762  

Super Dave

Late?  Yeah, it's late.

You've got to create a program.  Which just means that you give your "team" a name and notify people about what you're doing.  Sponsorships are about relationships.  That's key.

As a mid pack guy, you don't have a whole lot to offer a sponsor in the form of winning races or anything, so you've got to start by having a clean image, put out press releases about what you're doing, etc.

Free stuff won't make you faster, but it helps feed the addiction of what we do.  Ultimately, you've got to offer a sponsor some way of attracting attention of buyers.  

Time to do it...  at the end of this season in preparation for next season.  But many of the replies still don't come until later.  Most companies have to tie up the loose ends that they have with Superbike teams, support teams below that, etc.

But the worst they can do it say no...

That help?
Super Dave

Bernie

Great number!  I run #762 in the Mid Atlantic.  Find yourself a big gun store and tell them you are number 762 (like 7.62mm) and that you are faster than a speeding bullet.  Every gunner I know likes bikes.   Most of the bikers I know like guns.  Sounds wacky, but it could work.  Big pictures of you in their store, some plugs for them at the track.  Could work for both of you.

GAMEDIC

I help out all racers at my shop...some get better deals depending on what level they are...check out the web site and give me a call.
oh yeah i just got back from NFMP messing with the new penske wasn't doing really hot..about 1:27&28 until i got behind david webber and greg meyers pulled me around and i got a 1:24....wooo hooo...lol..well it was good for me ;D