News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Off to Moroso

Started by MightyDuc Racing, March 14, 2003, 06:07:23 PM

MightyDuc Racing

Off to my second race weekend at Moroso.  Leaving at 5 am...if you'll be there, come say hello.  Red Durango R/T pulling enclosed trailer.  Red Ducati 944, AM#944.  Cya there!!!
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

chris_chops

hope you have a good weekend, ket us know how that duc handled moroso with whatever tires you threw on.  Where is peak power on that motor accordomg to a dyno chart?

Matt

MightyDuc Racing

8400 RPM's is peak on the dyno if I remember right.  Not a good weekend for me, however.  Bike handled really well there, and I finally got the damn bus-stop chicane down by the morning warm-up.  Unfortunately, about 3-4 laps into the warm up on my new Dunlop 208's, I dropped a valve at about 140 heading into turn 7 at the end of the drag strip.  Got the clutch pulled in pretty quick and didn't crash, but loaded up with no races run. I didn't feel like tearing it down to find a broken piston or bad head, so we'll be working on it later this week.  My lap times on VERY old tires on Saturday were in the 1:50 and 1:51 range.  I was expecting to drop into the 1:46-1:49 range in the races on the new tires and when I really started pushing, and that's what the leaders in my classes were running (mostly 1:48's).  I'm looking forward to next time there so I can have a shot at those guys.  On a good note...I finally started dragging the old knee pucks on the ground!   ;D  Hope everybody else had a good weekend, and I'll get 'em next time.
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

MELK-MAN

BRIAN! nice meetin ya and your gang. looks like you have some nice people helping out. Your times were pretty impressive sat. in practice. i was not much faster by the end of sat. 2nd race on sunday was down to 1:44.9 best, and lots of 1:45s.. missed the 3rd race, mid wt superbike, as i couldnt get rains on in time. Had fun with rains in the Gran prix.. Hope to see ya at jennings.
later
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

MightyDuc Racing

You looked great out there on Sunday Melk!  We watched all of your races cuz our buddy Jim was also in those classes.  I really thought you were gonna catch that guy for 2nd!  The guys that won my Supertwins race that I was on the pole for were running 1:44 every lap...they were flying!  I just found out that I know the manager of a couple Hooters restaraunts here and I am working on him as a sponsor.  If I can pick him up in time I will be at Jennings in April.  If not I'll be up there in May.  Anyways...it was great finally meeting ya in person.  Hope to see you in three weeks!

Bryan
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors: