AM #61 Bennett Crash at VIR

Started by PlayHard, June 24, 2008, 09:40:08 AM

PlayHard

To all of you who know Florida Rider Jeremy Bennett (AM #61) and may or may not know about his unfortunate crash at VIR this past weekend.  First, thanks to all the corner workers, medical personnel, and any others who helped with his care and or the loading of his equipment at the track. 

Now, an update on his condition from his wife: 

This is the latest update...it is worst then we first thought.  Jeremy did have a CT and it showed a posterior wall acetabular fracture, basically he has a fracture in the back of his right pelvis and one of the bone fragments from the fracture (2 cm) is in his hip joint and it needs to come out ASAP.  This type of fracture will also prevent his hip from staying in place.  His hip was dislocated posteriorly so that of course is what caused the fracture, but these type of fractures are caused from blunt trauma (extreme force) into the hip area.  They are most commonly seen with motor vehicle accidents.  Okay, so with that means only Level I Trauma Centers deal with these type of fractures.  We did some praying about it, some research, and based it on what is best for Jeremy, so he is being sent to Wake Forest Medical Center in Winston Salem, NC.  They have gotten him in with a highly recommended Ortho Surgeon, Dr. Webb who can handle these types of fractures.  We are now just waiting for a bed.  So, all is on hold until  he gets transferred there.  This is what an amazing Medical Center it is, they have three Ortho Sections and all three are completely full.  They hope tomorrow they will have some discharges, so then Jeremy can be moved there.  He so wants to come home, but with have to do what is best for him.  My brother is about 20 mins. away from there, my sister about 1 1/2 hrs.  My brother n' law is already making plans to go see him once he is transferred there.  Jeremy's aunt and uncle also live in that region.  So, even though he is far away...he still has family there.  But, still until he gets there we know nothing.  The other obstacle is the extreme road rash on his bottom, right in the operation site and it is oozing tremendously.  So, they will decide if the risks out weighs the benefits.  I have no clue about the turn around for this either.  Again until he gets there we won't know when he might get to come home.  So, we are just anxiously waiting.  I will continue to send updates as I get more info. 

Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.
CCS / WERA EX #95

red900

I dont know Jeremy.  But, please let him know I wish him a speedy and full recovery...   Good luck Jeremy.

Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

mikendzel

+1

Prayers sent man, heal up quickly!!!!

Kuala76

Thank you SO MUCH for the update.  He was actually in the corner before mine, but I was first responder.  I never knew I could run that far that fast.  I was really worried about him.  Please send him my best!!  Is there an addy to send cards and well wishes???
Kumi
MARRC Corner Worker of the Year 2008
MARRC Vice President 2012
MARRC President 2013

castle228

Thoughts and wishes for a speedy recovery! Stay strong Jeremy!
Chris Astle
CCS MA AM #458
MARRC Cornerworker 
www.marrc.org

spyderchick

Thank you for the info. Thoughts and prayers for a complete recovery.

Remember that the Red Flag Fund is there to help if needed. Please direct his family to www.redflagfund.org for more info.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

djduc748l

+1, prayers for a speedy recovery!
Remember...have fun and enjoy every second! Life is to precious to take for granted!

jigs

Oh man....could be any one of us...God bless and prayers and well wishes to him and his family.Hope for a speedy recovery.

gixster

Get well soon Jermy.We only get to see each other at mixed regin events and its always nice to see him.Please keep us posted and thanks for the update.

Chris410

Thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.  Hope you heal up quickly!  I didn't like seeing a rider down especially in that area so best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.
Chris AM #410 Mid-Atlantic
2008 MARRC Amateur Racer of the year

Team Spalding

Do not know him but our thoughts are with his family and friends.
Joel Spalding
CCS & ASRA #36

Sponsors: Michelin, Ducati Of Indy, Wife Cindy, Held Gloves, Southeast Sales.

2old2fat2slow

We were pitted right across from Jeremy and had the pleasure of meeting him for the first time this weekend. Super nice guy. I will be praying for his recovery and I hope his family is holding up through this . Get better brother! Hope to see you again at another mixed event.
Thanks to:Lithium Motorsports, Vondari Racing, Continental Tires of North America, Absolute Cycle, RaceConti,Next Level Motorsports, Mize Mobile, Vortex, Woodcraft

tug296

Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider

Ducmarc

i landed on my feet and broke my hip socket similar to his plus 37 fractures in the pelvis man i know what he's going through. a week in traction and a.week recovering in the HP from surgery. then a month in bed at home they say it's one of the more painful breaks but never have broken anything like that to compare with.it still hurts to walk after a year. hope he gets better soon.  and get on uncle Dave's bone pills.

aflaim

get well fast...prayers from us to you and family

PlayHard

Jeremy is finally home and able to access his computer.  His hip has been surgically repaired but will need a walker for the next three months to get around.  But hey buddy, look at the bright side, with a handicap parking placard you now get the best parking spaces! 

Actually everyone, he is considering not racing anymore.  I think some encouragement is in store here guys!
CCS / WERA EX #95