Dano & Omni (only)...Squid 101 lessons

Started by Speedballer347, March 13, 2003, 09:48:22 AM

Speedballer347

For my boyZ Dano & Omni....rest of ya should click 'back' or you'll get mad ;D ;D ;D

Squid 101 Baby.
Lesson for today, doing stoppies with shattered ankle.

This is the hardest part....getting the bike off the telephone pole it was leaning against...
allow 5 minutes for this endeavor

Get rolling about 50-60mph...It is imparitive that there are people watching your antics  ::)
If no one is watching....abort  ;D

Apply front brake and get bad foot off peg, or it will hurt(!) :P

Snap it up...

Walk it...

Keep walking and hold it as long as you can...

Land it...

Get out of saddle ASAP on landing or one-leg = Nutcruncher :-[

This is the most important part...
Turn around and make sure everyone saw it ;D ;)
If not...repeat

Don't forgfet the obligatory wheelie....

Just make sure you don't run off the road when you are landing it

Hey fools!....when are we gonna get together and do some clowin' this spring?  This is a "MUST DO"

Before any of you guys flame me....I am having a bad day, just goofin' & trying to keep my mind off stuff....so go easy on me ;)
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

Chef

hey,
i hear the Ruff Ryders (MCC) are in chicago now, and have a stunt team.....
looks like you got the skills.....
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

Mongrel

Not squidly enough, no cars, no people parked on the side watching, no fur on the bike, got a helmet on, and it appears to be too far out of town.   ;D

r6_philly

I feel like joining, there is traffic, in town, and I couldn't really see the road.

:p

chris_chops

I know you warned me not to look but just I had to.  Be careful, bro.  I wanna see that ankle in action this year at the track.  I like the smoke coming off the tire on the landing shot.

Matt

DanO966

I'll spark some pics when I get home tonight for ya..;)
Squids that can ride RULE!! ;D

This is all I have  here at work ;D I know you've already seen these.lol
DanO CCS/WERA/AMA/ASRA #966
Convergence Technologies/MD Racing
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

OmniGLH

QuoteFor my boyZ Dano & Omni....rest of ya should click 'back' or you'll get mad ;D ;D ;D

Squid 101 Baby.
Lesson for today, doing stoppies with shattered ankle.

This is the hardest part....getting the bike off the telephone pole it was leaning against...
allow 5 minutes for this endeavor

LMAO

Reminds me of the time I rode my bike down to DanO's shop without a kickstand.  Had to lean it against the building, 20" style...

This is the most important part...
Turn around and make sure everyone saw it ;D ;)
If not...repeat

HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAA!!!!  So true...
QuoteHey fools!....when are we gonna get together and do some clowin' this spring?  This is a "MUST DO"

Uh... DUH!

I'm thinkin that you're gonna have to bring your streetbike up here when you do BHF and RA for some goofin' off...
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

OmniGLH

Oh, and FYI... if you guys stay at the clock tower in Rockford... there's a pretty good squid scene just down State St. there in the evenings.  You guys might have some fun.

DanO, myself, and a few other crew members of ours went down there a few years ago to "mingle".  Met up with a few guys who liked to "ride corners" and "pop wheelies" and were the big-dogs of the area.

We were asked not to come back  ;D

"...those crazy f*ckers from Crystal Lake..."
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

OmniGLH

QuoteI'll spark some pics when I get home tonight for ya..;)
Squids that can ride RULE!! ;D
This is all I have  here at work ;D I know you've already seen these.lol

Hey DanO I should be getting home from work sometime around 4am tonight... I'll dig up some pics when I wake up tomorrow and put 'em on the kingpinracing server.  I can probably get some small vid clips up there too if you can think of any you'd like to share.. LOL...
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteOh, and FYI... if you guys stay at the clock tower in Rockford... there's a pretty good squid scene just down State St. there in the evenings.  You guys might have some fun.

DanO, myself, and a few other crew members of ours went down there a few years ago to "mingle".  Met up with a few guys who liked to "ride corners" and "pop wheelies" and were the big-dogs of the area.

We were asked not to come back  ;D

"...those crazy f*ckers from Crystal Lake..."

I live in Rockford and see those squids all the time, my brother rides with them sometimes (and he can wheelie the heck out of his bike). I don't ride on the street too much, but when I do I don't get too wild. Most of the squids don't know I race and are always talkin' trash to each other about how they would be the fastest guy at the track. Every once in a while I will show off in the turns and smoke around everybody on the outside dragging my knee with only jeans on. Usually after they find out I race they realize that maybe they aren't as fast as they thought. I just laugh to myself thinking that I'm not even one of the fastest guys at the track and I kick there butts without even trying too hard (I've ridden in groups of 65+ bikes before here in Rockford).
     Sorry for bustin' in on your conversation, but the ears perked up when Rockford was mentioned.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

DanO966

Okay
I was running out of space to up load these pics too...oh well

ummm okay O'hare keep left.  

another weak ass stopie

Jim (omni) and I going North on one of the best wheelie roads here.  

Me trying to bust big ??? on my little brother's '92 FZR600

uhhh HI

Yet another lame stoppie..lol

Kick N' Back here

who said you can't ride all year here in chicago?

FZRs RULE  ;D

spinning up the rear on my super high horse power F3 back in '96 ;D ;D
Oh and if you look close enough I think I have shorts on here...sorry the pic is crapy it's hard to see.

Just like what Ballerz says....Street Squids turned expert... ;D ;D

Jim, if you're going to load a video...look for some Indust. park w/ shorts on

DanO CCS/WERA/AMA/ASRA #966
Convergence Technologies/MD Racing
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

OmniGLH

QuoteI live in Rockford and see those squids all the time, my brother is one of them (but he can wheelie the heck out of his bike). I don't ride on the street too much, but when I do I don't get too wild. Most of the squids don't know I race and are always talkin' trash to each other about how they would be the fastest guy at the track. Every once in a while I will show off in the turns and smoke around everybody on the outside dragging my knee with only jeans on. Usually after they find out I race they realize that maybe they aren't as fast as they thought. I just laugh to myself thinking that I'm not even one of the fastest guys at the track and I kick there butts without even trying too hard (I've ridden in groups of 65+ bikes before here in Rockford).
     Sorry for bustin' in on your conversation, but the ears perked up when Rockford was mentioned.

LOL... no problem man.  It's good to know I'm not the only one who thinks the squidpile down there at "the lot" is just that...  :)

First time I went down there, they took us to some roads.. LOL... I giggle when I think about this... they kinda give us this "speech" about the roads getting kinda twisty, so "be careful" and "don't ride over your head" and "we ride these roads all the time so we know where we're going - you may not..." blah blah blah.  So we hit some road that winds through a new subdivision (that I think had maybe 2 houses in it), kinda hilly, lots of trees, pretty cool, before running parallel along what I think is an expressway for maybe 1/4 of a mile with a cornfield on one side.

The leader takes off.  We follow.  By the 2nd corner, I'm bored, and pass him with one hand on the bars (the other I was using to scratch my arse <- signature "Ptak" move ;))  DanO, Nate, and a few other buddies follow me.

We hit the end of the road.  Stop at the stopsign.  Look back... NOBODY.  We sat there for a good 2 minutes waiting for them.  By ourselves.  On THEIR road.  That they run, ALL the time.

After that we decided corners weren't gonna be any fun so we just did wheelies and stoppies the rest of the night.  I think it was from that point on that they decided we were a little too nutty to ride out there  ;D
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak